1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dining Plan

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by ukwdwnut, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

if staying onsite for a few days, is the DDP available to you for such a short stay or is the plan only available if you stay a min of a week?

what times of the year is the DDP available

how does the credit system work? do you get so many credits for each day/week you spend onsite

i know questions questions :lol:
  2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

We almost always use the dining plan at least so far but we always check it each time we go to make sure that we save at least a little. So far so good!:tongue:But we also don't mind planning ADR's either. I feel we can always cancel if we don't want to go.We enjoy our meals and go with the regular dining plan that in cludes 1-snack, 1-counter sevice- and 1-sit down meal. We never use the counter service for breakfast because we aren't big breakfast eaters and lunch is more expensive. We pay OOP at the resort. The breakfast sandwiches are large and sometimes we share, they have waffles and pancakes and a huge breakfast called the Bounty Platter. Nothing I believe is more than $8.00(this is the food court) There are many places for lunch in and out of the parks. Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, WolfGang Puck in the Marketplace in DTD are a couple of our favorites. And for dinner the choices are endless. The buffet dinners have risen dramatically in price. I believe to the $40.00 range for dinner. If we do decide to do 1 big breakfast we usually pay out of pocket because buffet breakfasts are usually in the $28.00 range. You may also with the regular dining plan go to the 2 credit places such as the Yachtsmen Steak House. They will remove 2 credits from your plan for this so if we do want to go the night we arrive we eat counter service instead of sit down!!

If you stay for 4 days say you will recieve: 4 snacks

4 counter service

4 table service (this is per person) So if you arrive on a Monday at 3:00 pm and have reservations at the Castle on Wednesday and want eat at a counter service place like WGP in DTD(has lovely dinners btw) you can reserve for a one credit dinner on Tuesday and Thursday without paying for extra!
  3. ukwdwnut

Great info TF thank you so much. What confuses me is the credit system :lol:

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Just be careful with the 4 days = 4 credits. Credits are given based on the nights you are staying. So you would need to be staying 4nights/5days to get the 4 credits. :yes:
  5. ukwdwnut

Would only be staying 2 nights max shelly