1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dream Amenities

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by gwennie81, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

One of these days I WILL go on a Disney Cruise. I think that it would be so fun! Even though I do not have kids, I would still prefer a family atmosphere cruise over a booze-cruise.

[​IMG]
    Disney Cruise Line has announced more elements of Disney Dream, the ship that will join its fleet in early 2011. Among them:

+ Nemo’s Reef (rendering above) is a children’s play area featuring a soft, wet-deck surface with pop jets, bubblers and chacters from the film Finding Nemo. The saded, 1,500-square-foot area will include a wee water slide shaped like Mr. Ray and a swinging water curtain.

+ Goofy’s Sport Deck will sport a nine-hole mini-golf course with twists — including quirky golf clubs and challenges. Disney hints that Goofy and his son Max could be on hand as well. The area will have wto sports simulators for athletic experiences such as soccer, tennis and basketball. Nearby are Max’s Courts (mini-sized for little ones), a full-court basketball floor, a walking track plus table tennis and foosball tables.

+ Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar will be dedicated to the 18-and-up crowd. There they will sun and swig. The pools will be a series of connected circular pools, one 4-foot-deep, one 6-inches deep (for sunbathing) with a mister. The Cove Bar is the pool. Splash right up to the bar. Also: Four “infinity” hot tubs — two for families, two reserved for adults — with views of the ocean.

These features are in addition to the previously announced AquaDuck water coaster, a flume ride that drops over the edge of the ship and over the upper decks.

(Source: Orlando Sentinel)
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That's pretty!!!

We've done a Disney Cruise. :yes: :sigh: Yeah. I'm the only person on this site who was not thrilled and most likely won't do one again. :sigh:
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Ok, that is *seriously* cool.
  4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Now that is adorable ! I can't wait to go .
  5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

What happened?
  6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

While Disney has disabled embedding on this YouTube video, here's a link to a "fly through" tour of what the "Animator's Palette" restaurant will look like on the Disney Dream!

Tom :)macwave:... living in virtual reality!)
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

So is it time to request our yet table Tom? :lol:
    I`m surprised that Disney have gone away from the black and white theming of the chairs and decor. [Although it does look really good on the video, having said that! :thumbsup:]
  8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Just waiting on you my friend! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... counting down the days! :ROFL: )