1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 1 - Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Tues 25th November
    Aaron came through to us during night and we were up at 3am. Kids and mum then got up at 5am.
    This morning we had an ADR at Crystal Palace! I had heard such good things about this through ******* that I was quite excited – maybe a bit more than the kids were!
    Once everyone was up we all got showered and dressed and managed to be out the door for 7.20am!
    We set the Tom Tom up and found Walt Disney World with relative ease arriving at around 7.45am
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By the time we parked and found our way to Monorail it was already 8am and our ADR was for 8.15am! We went through bag check but that seemed to take a while as we had a back pack, my handbag and mum had a bag! We were officially late!
    Us on the Monorail!
    [​IMG]
    First Glimpse of the Castle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally checked in at podium at 8.15 and we were seated within 10mins! The interior is just beautiful with lots of Winnie the Pooh themed Topiray:
    [​IMG]
    Our server was Stephen and he was just so lovely and genuinely seemed interested in us? I know its his job and he has to be smiley etc but he was just lovely and I had that magic feeling! He gave us lots of hints and tips and told us to go to City Hall to get Aaron’s Birthday badge when its his birthday ( which we knew but didn’t tell him that!LOL).
    No longer had we sat down but the Characters started coming thick and fast! This is where it started to get a little stressful and a little less “magical” for me. Aaron was still in full on Grumpy mode and just was so whingey , I know it shouldn’t have, but it put me in a bit of a mood as I didn’t have time to watch the other two enjoy it and I wasn’t prepared for the autographs so it was all a little rushed.
    I think because I had put so much into the planning I was starting to worry if it was all going to be a bit of a disaster!
    Aaron never ate either which was fine as we didn’t have to pay for him but I was getting concerned he was genuinely not well. The food was lovely not that I got to eat much!LOL But lots to choose from. My kids are the most picky of eaters so even though it was a lot of money the buffet was perfect as they could try something and if they didn’t like it go get something else!
    Some pics :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont....
  2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Then the parade and napkin twirling started, the boys just looked at me as if to say – “don’t even think about getting me up there Mother!” Which I knew would be the case but they enjoyed watching the characters and other children joining in!
    Finally it was time to leave as Aarons screaming was starting to go right through everyone and we were getting looks!LOL
    His mood got worse as we walked back down Main St towards City Hall to collect a Guest Assistance Card ( GAC) for the boys. The man their was really lovely and explained it all well to us.
    I have to say I was a little anxious about using this as I didn’t want people thinking we were just trying to “skip” the line.
    We bumped into Daisy Duck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back up Main St we went and the Dream along with Mickey show had started so we stopped to watch this. I was starting to feel a bit more “Magical!” The show was lovely and had a real “feel good” feeling about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The boys were getting restless they were desperate to ride rides – in particular Big Thunder Mountain!
    So we headed up to Frontierland and got fastpasses for BTMRR ( we just didn’t quite feel comfortable using the GAC yet). The boys were a bit anxious about not being able to go straight on just now but we said it wouldn’t be long so lets go explore!
    We found a little pathway that led to Adventureland and right in front of us was Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride with no queue! Lets do this then! Aaron was still in grumpy mode but he seemed to calm down a bit on the ride!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The boys then spotted the Pirates of the Caribbean ride – massive fans of the films so this had to be done next – again hardly any queue so no need for GAC!
    The themeing on this is wonderful – Aidan was a little scared at first but then really enjoyed it towards the end! Boys being boys their dollars were burning holes in their pockets so they just had to spend some of it in the Pirates shop!
    Kieran bought a sword ( which didn’t last very long after we got home!) and a pirates medallion ( which he still wears today!LOL) Aidan wasn’t so keen on spending his money after all but Aaron spotted maracas which seemed to cheer him up so we bought him one!
    I just had to try on the massive sombrero!
    [​IMG]
    cont...
  3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Out side the Pirates ride we noticed the Photopass doing the Magic shots with Captain Hook. Kieran was desperate to get this done but he wanted Paddy with him so Paddy and Him got a fab pic taken! That was our first Photopass pic (I will just add a couple of photopass pics through out the report and I will add a thread at the end withmore Photopass Pics) Aidan was a bit more camera shy!
    [​IMG]
    Across the way we noticed Captain Hook standing for Autographs so we joined the line. The cast member there was soo lovely and really chatted away with Kieran ( Kieran is a chatterbox, Aidan not so much!) which he loved as he loves people indulging him when he speals off Pirates of Caribbean facts!lol
    So Autographs and photos done – Captain Hook was great with the kids and ME!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So finally it was time for our fastpass on BTMRR, so Paddy, the big boys and I rode first, as Aaron was sleeping and got a baby swap ticket for mum to go back on with the boys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We stopped and had a bottle of water from the little cart and as we were walking round Aidan noticed a cart selling a “Hamm” the pig from toy story plush. No idea why but he really wanted to buy it! So he parted with his cash and was very pleased with his purchase! You will notice a theme with Aidan’s purchases as the days go on!lol Mum and I both had to try on some Mickey and Minnie Ears!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We then headed through to Liberty Square where Kieran spotted the Haunted Mansion. Aidan wasn’t sure about doing this but Kieran wanted to. So Paddy said he would take him but the line was enormous so he decided to give the GAC a go! They got as far as the doorway where the Cast Member was in full character and Kieran just flipped! He just found the guy too scary for him so that was that. So we got some pics taken in the stocks instead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...
  4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aaron was still sleeping, so we walked towards Tomorrowland as Aidan was desperate to ride Buzz LIghtyear Space Ranger Spin.
    Aaron woke up just as we got there so we all decided to ride together! We all had a fab time on this ride and even Aaron cheered up a bit!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kieran was then desperate to ride Stitch’s Great Escape! Stitch is his favourite Disney Character so we just had to do this! Mum and I took Kieran and Aidan and Paddy waited with Aaron as he was back to doing his best Grumpy inpersonation!
    [​IMG]
    The boys absolutely LOVED this ride and were in hysterics the whole time! Aidan has a thing for repeating little catchphrases over and over and his one for the rest of the holiday and WEEKS afterwards was “ missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!” which is what Stitch had said when they were trying to catch him in the ride!lol
    Still makes me laugh when he says it now!
    Well when we went into the Stitch ride shop – Kieran was in Heaven! He wanted to buy EVERYTHING!!!
    [​IMG]
    I told him we had loads of time and there will be lots he will want to spend his money on and he had already spent around half of his $20 daily allowance anyway. The boys had saved up their birthday money and had it changed to Dollars we also gave them some too. So in total they had around $400 each to spend. So Mum bought them both a Stitch Plush which he was really pleased with!
    We went and found Paddy and Aaron and had a little stroll over to Fantasyland for a nose. We were all shattered by this point so decided to call it a day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Took a wee picture of the castle
    [​IMG]
    cont....
  5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

The boys noticed the sword in the stone though and had a little go!
    First Kieran had a shot:
    [​IMG]
    To no avail....
    Then Aidan:
    [​IMG]
    Again nothing
    Then Paddy thought that having the strength of a Roman Gladiator that it wouldn’t be a problem for him:
    [​IMG]
    No sorry not even a Roman Gladiator will get this thing out!
    Well Aaron decided he just had to have a go:
    We nearlly missed this!
    [​IMG]
    Couldn’t believe it, was soooo funny!
    [​IMG]
    A lovely lady noticed and said to a Cast Member who was standing by as she thought they gave out certificates if you managed to pull it out? The cast member apologised as he didn’t have any but he did give Aaron a Prince for a Day Sticker which being the moody little so and so didn’t seem all that bothered about and wouldn’t even stand so I could take a photo but here is the best I got!:
    [​IMG]
    So off we trotted back up Main St, we were going to stop for a photopass picture but it was just sooo crowded and busy we couldn’t be bothered waiting ( wish we had as we don’t have many decent photopass pics with the castle).
    On they out the boys spotted Chip ‘n’ Dale so we had to stop for Autographs . The line was quite big so Mum took Aaron into the Emporium for a look around
    They boys loved Chip ‘n’ Dale they were really good with the kids!:
    [​IMG]
    We finally found mum – that Emporium is MASSIVE! You could get lost in there! She bought Aaron a Donald Plush seeing as she had bought the other two a Stitch one earlier.
    We hopped back on monorail back to the car which we found relatively easy again and the set the Tom Tom up for Walmart as we needed to get lots of things for the villa inc a couple of tracphones.
    OMG this place was huge! There was sooo much to see we did spend about an hour and a half in here but the kids were really tired so we said we would definitely try to get back again before we have to leave.
    We spent $266 in here on food for the villa, tracphones and a few bits and pieces for people back home that had a list for us!lol
    We went to the burger king across from Walmart for tea for easiness. According to my receipts 3 whopper meals and 3 kids meals came to $27
    Back to Villa sorted the shopping out chilled out, got kids bathed and we were ALL in bed for 8.30pm – it had been a very very long day!
  6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Walmart has the ability to lure people in and then take all their money, so watch out! :D
  7. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Such a shame Aaron's vomiting affected him so much today but well done to him for getting the Sword out. You packed alot into your day, no wonder you were in bed for 20.30!
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Way to go Aaron, pulling that big sword out. :mental:
  9. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

EEEEE!! I am loving these pictures!!

Off to go read more! Hooray!
  10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Oh yes we figured that out early on!:yes:

Looking back we reaslised we had done loads but you know that way with being the first day we just wanted to do soo much more!:tongue:

I know - I could hardly believe it - and we nearly missed it!:sorry:

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Carreen
    xxx