1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 11 - Richard Petty

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Friday 5th December
    Today was the morning of Paddy’s Richard Petty Ridealong experience! He was really looking forward to it and we were up and ready really early! So we managed to get there before 9am!
    We arrived and Paddy was directed to the hanging suits and was told to find one in his size and to put it on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We headed on out to the speedway and only had to wait a matter of a few minutes. Most people were there for the full on driving experience where they get to drive ( sorry babe just couldn’t afford it – maybe next time!) so there was only Paddy waiting.
    So off he went :
    [​IMG]
    Getting into the car:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before we knew it they were off!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont.......

2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

And then before we knew it again – he was back!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paddy enjoyed the thrill of it but I know he would have much rather have driven himself and to be honest it was over soo quickly! Paddy says to say that it was good but he would say to anyone who is up for it to save their money and try to go for the full on driving experience!
    A few pictures of the boys with the Nascar!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok so because we were done within half an hour we decided that we would head on over to Hollywood Studios and do the few things that we hadn’t done yet!
    So first things first we decided to head to Tower of Terror – Aidan wanted to do this but Kieran didn’t.
    So Paddy, Aidan and I went on first! While Mum waited with Kieran and Aaron. OMG!!! Aidan is our little thrill seeker but he does get spooked out by scary ghosty kinda things if you know what I mean? So the first bit of going through the “Twilight Zone” freaked him out quite a bit. But when it came to the drop he just burst out laughing!LOL
    We thought it was a great ride! Mum really wanted to have a go and we thought maybe Kieran would come this time but he didn’t so Mum and I went on together!
    Just as we got into the drop section I turned and said to mum “There is a wee haaaaaaaaaaaaa.........” I never got a chance to finish the sentence before we plummeted!LOL I was intending on telling her that there was a wee handle on the seat if she wanted to hold onto!LOL Never mind! She loved it as well!
    Ok so with that done, Aidan was desperate to do Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster again but we said we would come back before we left as we wanted to see Backlot Tour first, he seemed ok with that so off we went!
    On the way Kieran got himself arrested!
    [​IMG]
    This guy was hilarious!
    Then just outside Toy Story Mania the boys spotted the Green Army Men! We just had to get pictures with them as Kieran’s HeadTeacher has a picture with one of them up on the wall in his office and he told Kieran if he could find one of them and get his picture taken then he would put it up in the “Hall of fame” in the school corridor!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Having stopped right outside Toy Story Mania the kids were desperate to have another go! To be honest so were the adults!
    So we decided to use the GAC again to have one last go and boy was it better the second time! We just love this ride sooo much it is definitely a family favourite!
    Ok we finally reached the Backlot Tour! There was a bit of a wait – maybe 20mins or so but that was fine and we stood in the line and looked at all the models and pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont.....

3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We finally went in and it was great fun! We didn’t take alot of pictures as we were too busy enjoying looking at everything!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When we came out the boys wanted to spend their money on getting their pictures taken – can’t remember what you call it but you know the ones where their faces are superimposed onto a character?
    Kieran got his put onto Anakin Skywalker and Aidan got his put into Dash from the Incredibles – his just looks like his park ticket actually!LOL I don’t have pics of them but I will try to take pics of the posters and post at the end with the Photopass pics!
    We took one last walk round the Streets of America
    [​IMG]
    Then walked by the Star Wars area and the kids got their pictures on the speeders:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont......

4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Ok so Aidan was still itching to ride Rock’n’ Roller Coaster so we decided to take one last burl on it!
    We headed down there and went up to the fastpass entrance to use the GAC. It was just Paddy, Aidan and me again. Kieran still didn’t want to ride and mum was wanting to leave it this time. We got to the entrance and showed the cast member the GAC and she said we need to just check the little one’s height – sure no probs I thought!
    Now Aidan was soo excited that he was flapping and tip toeing and trying to get him to stay still was quite difficult. I explained to the cast member that he was Autistic and he is the right height and had been on it a few times already but she was still insistent on making him stand still to be measured. Ok I thought she is just doing her job I totally understand that.
    Aidan finds verbal direction very difficult to understand especially when he is excited and flapping. So I tried to get him to give me eye contact so that I could explain what he was to do with his feet and to stand tall and straight.

The cast member just pushed me out of the way and said “Ma’am I’l do it” and I said “ No he is Autistic and he finds this difficult and I know how to deal with him” Everytime she was trying to get him to stand straight she was pushing down on his shoulders and he was freaking out – she was trying to push down on him and put his head under the metal marker when he was clearly just the same height as it! When I said this to her she said he was under it so no he couldn’t go on! Well Aidan just went into total meltdown and was screaming and flapping and biting himself.
    I said you have to understand that he does not understand why you are saying no, especially when he has already been on it and she wasn’t giving him a chance to stand still and straight to be measured properly. The people behind me started shouting at her saying just let the kid on he is tall enough! I asked for her to get her supervisor down as this was totally out of order!
    If Aidan had have been too small then that would have been fine I would have taken him to a quiet spot until he had calmed down and explained but he was definitely tall enough as we had been measuring and measuring before we left as this was such a big deal to him!
    So the supervisor came down and I explained the problem he said “No probs Ma’am we will wait unitil you have him calm and I’l let you explain what he needs to do” Ok so thats exactly what we did and what do you know he was exactly the right height! Now if your colleague had just let me do this the first time this wouldn’t have happened!
    I was soo fuming mad with her – I mean how many times did I have to explain to her? Never mind we got on and Aidan had a blast – he asked as soon as we got seated on the car if we can go again after this but we said no one time only and he accepted this well!
    This is definitely a great ride!
    We got Mum and the boys and decided to head on out of the park and go back onto the 192 for some lunch!
    We waved goodbye to Disney Hollywood Studios as this was the last we would be here and headed on back to the car!
    We decided to give Ponderosa a go for lunch. It was ok...not the best food in the world but for only around $45 for us all couldn’t really complain!
    We spotted this little guy at the car on the way out!
    [​IMG]
    The boys’ were desperate to have a go in Disneyquest and I still had some souvenier shopping to do so we decided to go back to Downtown Disney!
    Paddy and the two big boys went to Disneyquest and Mum, me and a sleeping Aaron went for a wander round the shops!
    It was lovely and relaxed I managed to get all the little things I wanted to get to send a box of goodies to my friend Natalie from the ********* for her kids to say thanks for all the wonderful designs she had made for me! So that was good.
    Once Aaron woke up we took him to Ghiradelli’s again for an ice cream! Boy are they good in here!
    We then went back to World of Disney where we must have spent another good hour in here – you really could stay in there all day couldn’t you?LOL Before long it was getting dark and I think Aaron was getting hungry. I called Paddy to see if they were done and he was finding it difficult to get the kids out of there!LOL
    He finally got them to leave and we got the kids a McDonalds for their tea and we just grabbed a pizza on the way home!
    We got back and just vegged on the sofa watching movies for the rest of the night! It was great!

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Love World of Disney. So much to see, touch, and buy! :D

I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with the CM.

6. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Shame the CM couldn't just let you handle the situation, it wasn't like you were refusing to have him measured.

I don't 'get' DisneyQuest, perhaps because i'm not male?!

7. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Oh i know I could hardly believe the CM either - never mind just put it down to experience eh?

Yeah I don't get it either to be honest but as I am surrounded by males I have to bow them occasionaly!:worship:

xxx