1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 3 - Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thursday 27th November – Thanksgiving
    Today we had a bit of a lie in until around 7.30am. We had a bit of a lazy morning just having breakfast and sorting out washing etc. We all got washed and dressed and around 10am we decided to go for a walk to the clubhouse and pool area at the Regal Palms. Sorry no pictures tho because we forgot to lift the camera and this happened to be the only time we visited!
    Going to Florida in Nov/Dec was lovely the weather was just nice, the problem we had though was it was still too chilly for swimming in the morning and we were never back before dark to go in the evening! So unfortunately the kids never got to try out the pool at the resort, but to be honest they never asked so never felt like they missed out on anything!
    The pool area is lovely – not quite as big as it looks in the pictures but nice all the same! We had a good nosey around then headed back to the house.
    Today’s plan was supposed to be spend the morning at Epcot Future world and then head over to Downtown Disney for the afternoon as we had an ADR booked for Planet Hollywood today. But because we were a bit knackered after the buys couple of days and Jet Lag was setting in we said we would give Epcot a miss and just do Downtown Disney instead.
    So we got everything we needed for the day – including the Kids and Granny!LOL into the car and headed on over.
    Again the Tom Tom and great signs at Disney guided us well and we parked up opposite Disney Quest.
    The boys were desperate to do this just now but we managed to persuade them to just have a good look around first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The kids spotted the candy shop :
    [​IMG]
    and had to have a Mickey chocolate Bar which were lovely – there was so much to choose from! I picked up Princess Hot Chocolate Selections for my friend Natalie’s (the lady who designed lots of the stuff I made) daughter as I was making up a box of goodies for her kids to post from Disney as a thank-you for all the help she gave me. Natalie had said that Erin loved these hot chocolate powders that colour the drink as well so thought these would go good in her box!
    We then got a picture taken on the holiday bench
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There are so many lovely little shops in DTD and lots of Sunglasses shops! We spent a good while just going in and out of shops – much to the kids annoyance!LOL
    We got some pictures taken by the lovely fountain:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then carried on walking through the old Pleasure Island area
    [​IMG]
    cont....
  2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After a few photo ops we headed into the Harley shop for Paddy to have a look around we then spotted the photo op area with the bikes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paddy and the kids loved it The queue was far too long for the other bike so we left it at that!
    [​IMG]
    Paddy was starting to feel hungry so we stopped at Cookes of Dublin so he could get some chips!
    We all had some of Paddy’s chips much to his annoyance as we had all said we didn’t want anything but they smelled so good when he brought them out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They didn’t last long and then we kept walking round to Disney market Place
    [​IMG]
    cont....
  3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

And saw the new T-Rex restaurant, we said that we would try to come back and eat here at some point but never did,
    [​IMG]
    It did look lovely and somewhere the kids could be noisy without causing a scene I would expect judging by the noise coming from it!
    We got the typical photo taken with the Lego Nessie:
    [​IMG]
    Kids didn’t want to go into the Legoshop – we got to Legoland quite regularly so don’t think they thought it would be all that interesting!LOL
    We then spotted the World of Disney store!
    [​IMG]
    We knew this would probably take a while to get round so we split up! Mum took aaron and a phone and Paddy , Me and the big boys had a good look around:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In here this is where Aidan bought “Wheezy” the penguin from Toy Story 2 plush, we now knew that he was on a mission to collect as many cuddlies as possible and mainly Toy Story Characters! Wheezy is such a small character in the film that we didn’t know why he wanted it so badly but hey ho its his money and never could we have imagined that Wheezy would become Aidan’s new best friend who goes absolutely EVERYWHERE with him now!
    We also bought some bits for Aaron’s birthday in here, namely the Fab 5 figure playset and Peter Pan play set.
    Kieran needed to go to the loo when we left so Mum, Aidan Aaron and I stood at the Stitch entrance to World of Disney and this is when the kids realised that Stitch “Spat” it was soo funny, but Aidan being Aidan he wanted to stay under it and get soaked!
    Here a little video clip
    [​IMG]
    Aaron found this hilarious – which made me smile to see him actually enjoying himself as he still hadn’t been great on the walk round!
    cont....
  4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We then spotted Ghiradellis and as we had heard so many great things about the ice cream in here we thought that a treat was in order!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aidan had a chocolate icecream cone, Kieran had a Chocolate Shake, Aaron had vanilla ice cream, Mum had a Peanut Butter Sundae, I had a Hot fugde Sundae and Paddy had a Banana hot fudge sundae – they had other names but I can’t remember!LOL That all came to approx $40 – expensive but oh so nice!
    It was now time to head over and have a look in Once Upon a Toy! The kids had been desperate to do the build your own lightsabre there so that’s what was next on the list!
    [​IMG]
    The boys had lots of fun building the lightsabre while Mum and I had a wander around. I got Aaron a soft Mickey Mouse bowling set for his birthday and a little Handy Manny book he had spotted, Mum got Aaron a Little Einstein Toy for his birthday and then that was us!
    We kept walking round towards the Christmas shop and Winnie the Pooh shop. Didn’t want to go into the Christmas shop as the boys were in hyperactive mode and was scared in case they broke something so Mum went on her own and Paddy, Me and the boys just sat outside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We spotted the Poohs corner bench and thought we could try getting some pictures taken but Aaron was having none of it this was some of the attempts, needless to say we eventually gave up!LOL
    [​IMG]
    Mum eventually came out and we walked round towards Rainforest café and had got some pictures taken of the kids:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont....
  5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

By this time it was nearlly time for our ADR at Planet Hollywood so we thought we better get a move on to get back round there!
    We got checked in 10mins early at the podium and we were seated up on the top floor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By this time Aaron was in full destructive mode and it was starting to get rather stressful as he just would not sit at peace, not the toodles doodler or activity pack could keep him entertained!
    Our server came and was really lovely ( but for the life of me I can’t remember his name!), he explained the Thanksgiving specials etc and then took our drinks order.
    Paddy had the ribs ( surprise surprise!LOL), Mum had the Thanksgiving Special and I had the ( now I think it was called) LA Lasagne. Kieran and Aidan had the Chicken Tenders and I ordered Aaron the kids Pizza.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aaron just wasn’t for letting anyone relax tonight, our meals came and I tried to eat mine – it was really good ( far too much of it though) but Aaron just wouldn’t settle. He refused to eat his pizza at all and no one could relax so as soon as I had had enough of mine I decided to take him outside and let the others eat in peace.
    I will admit to having a little cry while outside as Aaron was just being really awful and I suppose tiredness on my part had just started to set in a bit.
    The others all came out about 30mins later and Paddy settled the bill at $120 inc gratuities.
    I think we had had enough for one day and just wanted to get back and have a bath and relax for a bit.
    So we headed back up towards Westside where the car was parked and headed home. Overall it was a really enjoyable day but I think we were all just starting to feel a little jet lagged to be honest so I think a night in the house relaxing is just what we needed!
    We got home the boys got ready for bed and watched Disney Channel in Bed. I had a bath and then put Aaron down in our bed. Mum went to her room to have a bath and Paddy and I started to watch the Polar Express on the tv with a large glass of wine a bottle of wine! BLISS!!!!!!
    Then early to bed! We had decided to change the plan slightly as tomorrow was supposed to be Blizzard Beach but Saturday was supposed to be a scorcher of a day so we thought we would swap the days around and do Animal Kingdom tomorrow and leave Blizzard Beach for Sat!
  6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Look at that ice cream! I didn't know the ice cream in that shop looked that yummy, boy have I been missing out.
  7. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Oh! That ice-cream place is to die for!

Such a shame Aaron was pushing your buttons but you managed to recover and enjoy your evening wine!
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

OMG why have I never had a ghiradelli ice cream.

What an awesome day. I love Downtown Disney. Always one of my highlights is a stroll around there.

And your boys are sooooooo cool. :D
  9. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Oh you must rectify that next trip! Dinner at EoS then dessert at Ghiradelli, fantastic!
  10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Oh you definately have - its a fab place for dessert!

Yeah the wine at night sorted me out!:thumbsup:

We loved DTD I could spend so much time there! And your really must try Ghiradelli's!

Thanks for reading guys!

Carreen
    xxx