1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 5 - Epcot, BB, MK

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Saturday 29th November

Ok so today Aaron wasn’t too well again! We had been up half the night with him coughing and choking so we weren’t sure what to do today. I think tensions were running a little high today with little sleep and busy days! Mum was feeling homesick I think and was a little grumpy with everyone.
    We really wanted to go to Epcot first before heading to Blizzard Beach as it was the only Disney Park we hadn’t been too. Mum and I had a bit of a falling out as she didn’t want to do either Epcot or Blizzard Beach today. She had wanted us to drop her off at shopping malls before we went out for the day. But we just didn’t think it was fair for us to have to stop what we were doing to go pick her up when she had had enough especially when we had a whole day tomorrow dedicated to shopping! I know that may sound a bit mean but Mum had always maintained that she was so grateful we were taking her that she was quite happy to do whatever we wanted to do. So this is what we had wanted to do!
    After a bit of silent treatment while we got ready she finally decided to come with us. So we packed up our swimming gear in a bag to leave in the car and then headed out to Epcot.
    We arrived not long after 9 and took a picture of the “Giant Golf Ball” as Kieran and Aidan called it!
    [​IMG]
    As all the parks Epcot had all the Christmas decorations up now! The green topiary had a Christmas theme which was lovely!
    [​IMG]
    First things first we spotted the Character Meet and Greet Area, the boys were desperate to go in and meet the Characters but the queue was at least an hour long maybe more! There was just no way they would wait that long even if it was to see Mickey Mouse! We were stood hovering outside when a cast member came over to talk to the boys. Paddy happened to mention we had the GAC and he said that we could use it for the Meet and Greet! We didn’t use it anywhere else as the line was always manageable but if we had have walked away at this point there would have been major meltdowns from Aidan especially. So we decided to take advantage of the offer!
    The Characters in here were lovely and good sports with the boys! This was the first Meet and Greet that Aaron took notice of so as soon as he could get free from the buggy he was off!LOL
    He had a thing for squeezing the character’s noses! He had done the same at DHS with Handy Manny and the Little Einstein characters! I think because they were so huge he just had to touch them!LOL
    Here are a few of our own photos I will leave the photopass ones for the end!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...

2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We came out and the dancing fountain was in full swing which was lovely! We headed on over to Mission Space. Mum was still a bit silent at the minute so she said she didn’t want to ride and took Aaron for a seat while Paddy, Me and the boys did!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We stuck to the Green version! Really didn’t need anymore ill children at this point!LOL We thoroughly enjoyed it! Aidan wanted to go straight back on and had a minor moment while we told him we could come back another day and do it but there was loads more to see!
    Crisis averted we then headed over to Test Track! Again Mum didn’t want to ride so off we went!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even with the GAC we had about a 30min wait which ordinarily would be fine but Aidan was already agitated about not being able to get back on Mission Space straight away so it was hard work waiting with them! Finally we got on and the kids LOVED it! Here is our ride photo!
    We came out and the boys had some pictures taken with all the cars!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We headed out to find Mum and Aaron and found them sitting on a bench! By this time it was around 11am and I thought we should try something for Aaron so we headed down to the Seas Pavillion to do the Nemo ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We all really enjoyed this and I thought we should give Turtle Talk a go but Kieran went in a bit of a mood and said he really wanted to go to the waterpark now! Aaron was starting to look a bit tired anyway so thought we may as well call it a day for Epcot!
    So off to the car we went! We made our way over to Blizzard Beach and parked up! Now I don’t have ANY pictures of Blizzard beach from my digital cameras as we had bought a Waterproof disposable camera to use here! Well I have only just found it and put it in to be developed so If there are any good photos I will post them at the end! But to be honest I don’t remember taking all that many! Think the kids may have gotten a hold of it!
    Once we had gotten changed and our lockers sorted we headed on over to a little spot over by the big ice cube stepping stones bit ( I hope you know what I mean!LOL).
    Mum doesn’t swim and it was a scorcher of the day so she just wanted to lie on the sun lounger and rest in the shade! I took Aaron over to the little toddler area and Paddy took the big boys with him!
    Aaron just wasn’t for going into the pool at all, he normally loves swimming which made me realise he really wasn’t well! He had a temperature again and was coughing and sneezing everywhere so thought it best just to take him back out and get him dried and changed and let him sleep!
    cont...

3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Went back over to the loungers to get him sorted and could see the boys having fun over in the pool with Paddy! Next thing I know Kieran came over in tears! He had to get rescued by the life guard after falling off the zip slide into the pool! I thought Paddy was with him but he was watching Aidan come down a nearby slide! The pool area for that zip slide bit is really really deep and Kieran can’t swim properly so he had got himself in a panic!
    But the photopass photographer must have kept snapping away as its one of the few pics we have from Blizzard Beach!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I felt terrible and was mad at Paddy for not watching him! But I know how hard it can be to watch two of them at once and both Kieran and I can laugh about it now- Thankfully!
    Ok so we were getting a bit hungry by now so Mum and I headed off to Lottawatta lodge to get some food! Aaron had fell asleep by this point so we didn’t bother getting him anything!
    So we got 6chicken nugget meal, 2 chesseburger meals, 2 hot dog meals a milk, diet coke and a refillable sprite mug and that came to $47
    All ate and suitably filled, Aaron was still sleeping and I really wanted to do the teamboat springs with the boys! Mum wasn’t interested so she stayed with Aaron and we all went to climb our way to the top ! My god there are a lot of stairs to get to that one!LOL
    We thought this was great fun the only thing was there never seemed to be any photopass photographers at the bottom of these rides when we done them so again no photos!
    By this time it was around 4pm and Aaron had woke up and was a bit grumpy so we decided to head back! In the car on the way back Mum said if Paddy, the boys and I wanted to go do something else she would be happy to stay with Aaron as she was knackered anyway and just wanted to chill! Well we looked at the time and we thought we could still get lots in if we went back to a park!LOL
    cont....

4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

SO we took Mum and Aaron home and got ourselves freshened up and decided to head back over to Epcot so the boys could have another go on Mission Space and Test Track as they were itching to do it again!
    So we got parked up and got the Tram over!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sun was really going down now and it was lovely to see the park all lit up!
    [​IMG]
    Mission Space first again! This time Paddy and Kieran did the Orange one but Me and Aidan stuck to the Green one!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again we loved it – Aidan loved pressing the buttons – I can’t remember which role we had at all to be honest!
    We met Paddy and Kieran as we came out and we spotted the space man hats!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We went back over to test track again and we loved it even more at night! Was great fun!
    [​IMG]
    Ok so by this time it was time for the park to start shutting and we knew we wouldn’t get on any other rides so we headed over to Mousegear for a look around!
    Wow we loved this shop so many lovely things – especially for the kitchen although I didn’t indulge this time but maybe next trip!
    I bought a few postcards for sending back home and a few more magnets! As we were headed towards the tram Paddy said what time is Magic Kingdom open until tonight - my face lit up – midnight I told him! You fancy going over there now?
    DO I ? DO I? Of course I do! Wait better phone mum first and see how Aaron is! Phoned and Phoned and phoned no answer! They must be away to bed if there was anything wrong she will phone me!
    So of we went to Magic Kingdom!

cont...

5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Ooh I was so excited to see it at Night all lit up – the castle! OMG was it gorgeous!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Christmas Decorations everywhere - just wonderful! They must work so hard to do this!
    We timed it just right Wishes was due to start shortly so we decided that we would wait and see it – our first time watching Wishes!
    We were so lucky we saw the Cast Members marking out the walkways and we managed to get right at the front of the line just outside Casey’s Corner right in front of the castle! Was a fantastic spot! The Cast Member was this really lovely older gentleman who just stood and talked to the kids for absolutely ages! Kieran loves to talk so he chatted away happily to the man. He was telling him to just wait and see once the music begins that’s when the magic really happens and to watch out for a special somebody flying above! It was soo lovely!
    No sooner had he said that and everything went dark and the music started! I thought I was going to start bubbling there and then! I had heard so much about Wishes from friends that I was soo excited! I wanted to capture it all on camera and camcorder but my hands were shaking! I tried to get as much as possible on film but Paddy did the photos – very difficult to do but I’m sure you will agree he got some amazing shots!
    Please forgive me but I just love the castle and Wishes so much that there will be lots of photos!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont...

6. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

As it was finishing I was trying to hold back the tears so badly and then Kieran turned to me and through himself at me and hugged me so tight and said “ Mummy thank-you so much for bringing us here it is just the most amazing thing EVER!” Well that was me – hysterical! I’m sat here trying to type and I can hardly see the screen now for the tears! It was the most amazing moment of the whole holiday! I thought the Stitch Moment got me well this just melted my heart! We started to move as the crowd was moving and had decided to head towards Tommorowland! Even by the time we had beat the crowds and managed to get round there I still hadn’t stopped crying! The people walking past me must have thought I was mad!
    After getting myself together we decided to do Space Mountain! Aidan was desperate to do this being the coaster fan he is!
    When we got over the standby queue was so long it was going under the Tommorowland Transit Authourity track and heading towards Astro Oribit! So we utilized the GAC again! Needless to say that once we were inside the fastpass line was just as long and we still had to wait 45mins! We played games like name a Disney character beginning with the letter A, and we talked about what rides we still had to do. Eventually the time passed and it was time to get on! Aidan had to sit at the front!
    I have to say Space Mountain is a bit rickety for my liking! Just seemed to make a lot of noise but Aidan didn’t seem to mind! Kieran on the other hand got very anxious and worried by all the noises coming from it! It really knocks you about too!
    But Aidan came off high as a kite and ready to do something else! We decided to slow the pace down a bit and go and watch the Monster Inc Laugh floor!
    [​IMG]
    This was sooo funny we really enjoyed it. We were all in stitches when we came out! Kieran wanted to do the Stitch’s Great Escape again as Paddy hadn’t done it yet! So off we went and done that! Kieran and Aidan loved it – the smell isn’t too great in here mind you! But really funny too!
    We came off and Kieran really wanted to buy a Stitch T-shirt so we eventually found one which he loves wearing even now!
    Paddy had to try on the Stitch ears and Paws!
    [​IMG]
    We then headed over to Buzz Lightyear to do that again! This was still brilliant, Paddy being the competitive so and so didn’t let Kieran win so that caused a minor meltdown but was all over fairly quickly!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had a few pics taken over by the castle and the decided to call it a night as it was around 11pm by this point! We started to walk down Main St and we had a little wander in the shops on our way out but by this point Aidan’s wee legs were hurting so we just heading on out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As we were heading back to the car Mum phoned! She had falled asleep and had got worried when she noticed we weren’t home yet! I did try phoning her remember! But all was ok with Aaron and he was sound asleep!
    We got home a little after midnight and just flopped into bed we were all knackered! Tomorrow was chill out and shopping malls day!

7. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

So much to see and do! :D

I'm off to the next day.

8. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Mum's eh? N'er mind, she came good in the end and let you lot roam all over WdW!

9. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Perfect...

10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks for reading guys! I still well up whenever I think about our moment after wishes! Its a brilliant memory!

xxx