1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 8 - Hollywood Studios again

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Tuesday 2nd December
    Ok so today we were supposed to be going over to Hollywood studios after lunchtime and doing the park in the afternoon and staying until night to see Osbourne Lights and Fantasmic!
    We got up in the morning I think it was around 7.30 and again we just took our time getting ready. It was a lovely sunny day but it was still a tad chilly out! We still had so much to see and everyone was desperate to get back to the parks so our late start ended up being around 10.30!
    Off we trotted back to Hollywood Studios! We parked up in Music and jumped onto a tram taking us over to the entrance.
    First thing on the agenda was the Indiana Jones show! The boys were desperate to see this so we scooted on over as it was due to start at 11.30.
    We got quite good seats down the front , the casting director was then looking for volunteers to help out as “extras” Paddy had his hand up and we were all pointing in his direction but unfortunately he didn’t get picked! The show eventually began!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We all enjoyed this loads! Was really well done!
    When we had finished we RAN all the way to the Jedi Training Academy, the boys were desperate to get picked! We explained it might not happen but they were just so excited about it! They had on their Jedi T-shirts I had made them today (although I don’t have any pics of them wearing those t-shirts as it was pretty cold that day and they had their jumpers on most of the time).
    [​IMG]
    We were stood there for about 30mins before it started and right at the front. The boys were getting more and more excited as the music came on and got louder. Then these really pushy parents decided to push their kids in front of my boys! I’m really sorry but this was one of those moments that really got my back up! If they were desperate for their kids to be picked then they should be there early like everyone else!
    The Jedi Master came out and the crowd erupted! They boys were about wetting themselves with excitement!LOL
    [​IMG]
    Then you guessed yet more parents started pushing and shoving kids in front of my lot! I was getting soo annoyed by this point! My boys had their hands up and were jumping up and down begging to be picked and low and behold every one of the kids that had been pushed in front of us got picked!
    This resulted in Kieran getting extremely upset and running away from us! It was a rather scary moment as it was absolutely heaving that day and we panicked a bit when we couldn’t see where he had went! We eventually found him hiding over by the star wars shop!
    I know there is no guarantee that your kids are going to get picked I totally get that, and I did explain that it might not happen to the kids but having ADHD and being Autistic they find these things difficult to deal with at times and having spent such a long time ( for my kids) waiting very patiently for it to begin and then having other kids push in front of them as it starts is quite hard for anyone to get to grips with let alone kids with additional needs. So that kind of spoiled things slightly.
    Anyway once we managed to calm them down a bit we managed to convince them to head over to the Lights Motor Action show.
    As we walked over Aaron had fell asleep, we asked a cast member if there was any way of bringing the buggy in with us as he had fell asleep but it was a big NO! So Paddy took the boys and Mum and I took a wander to see what was in the streets of America area!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We spotted the Power Rangers but it was too late for the boys as they were just finishing up and wouldn’t be coming back until much later- we never told them we saw them mind you! The way my guys were loving Autograph hunting they would have been devastated to have missed out!LOL
    We had a good look in the shop heading over towards Backlot tour – I can’t remember what it was called then we had a water and a seat by the little fountain while Mum phoned home.
    The boys called to say they were making their way out! They really enjoyed it , they didn’t get many photos though:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...

2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We found them and then made our way to meet Mike and Sulley! Sulley was away on a break at this point though so we only got to meet Mike
    [​IMG]
    Then we figured out where Lightning McQueen and Mater were so we went round to Luigi’s Garage to meet them!
    A few pics along the way!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aaron had just woke up so he wasn’t really in the mood to meet anyone really!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We walked back through Pixar area and the boys were really desperate to do Toy Story Mania again so we used the GAC again to do this and it was still as fun as the first time! We all agreed this was our favourite family ride!
    By this time it was nearly time for our ADR at Hollywood and Vine for our Fantasmic Package!
    So we headed on over and we saw the end of the Block Party Bash as we went! We got there a little early but we thought we would see if we could get taken just now….and WE DID! Result!
    We headed in…we really liked the theming of this restaurant!
    Unfortunately the kids menu didn’t have much that my lot wanted to eat and the really lovely server ( who I can’t remember her name! Whoops!) said “Well what would they eat?” I said they love sausage or hot dogs! “ Three hot dogs and fries coming right up” she said!
    It was soo lovely of her and we really appreciated it. We always feel embarrassed going out for meals with the kids as they are the fussiest of fussy kids! But she really made us feel at ease and told us it was no big deal!
    Some pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...

3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The food was nice here and plenty of choice! But considering the kids were being really fussy we decided that we were going to cancel the rest of our ADR’s as it was a lot of money to waste if they weren’t eating!
    SO all done here we still had plenty of time before we had to be over at the theatre for Fantasmic! I really really wanted to meet Sorcerer Mickey as he was my Favourite! I loved Fantasia as a kid and to me that’s Mickey Mouse!
    Oh yeah before that though we got a magic shot done with Stitch as Kieran was desperate to ask about it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So we went over to the animation studio and watched the thing with Mushu first! A little bit boring for my guys but it didn’t last too long. We came out and the boys noticed the Characters from the new Bolt Movie straight away!
    The queue was hidden though so we just headed on over not realising how long it was! We must have waited for an hour to see them! This really lovely American Guy with his little boy got chatting to Kieran and asking him lots of questions about where he was from and if he had been to Disney before and what his favourite bit was so far! So that helped pass the time cos Kieran likes to talk!LOL
    Anyway we are so glad we waited as these guys were the most fun yet! They were running around chasing the kids and having great fun with them! That’s why it took so long as they spent so much time with each kid!
    [​IMG]
    I was panicking a bit by now as I was desperate to Meet Sorcerer Mickey so I left Paddy and the boys and headed over to that line, by the time they had finished it was our turn! So the boys, Paddy and I met Mickey!
    Mum and Aaron were away to toilet so they missed it unfortunately.
    [​IMG]
    We managed to quickly squeeze in a meet with Mr Incredible too!
    [​IMG]
    And then rushed round to the Fantasmic Theatre!
    A wee picture of the hat on the way round!
    [​IMG]
    So we got to the theatre –boy is it a long walk round!LOL and we got directed to our reserved seating area.
    The seats here are not too bad actually and we were seated about half way up!
    The kids spotted the cast members selling all the light up ears and things so Paddy took them to buy some bits, so we got 2 sets of light up ears, the light up rings and a light up tinkerbell for me!
    We had lots of fun taking pictures of each other:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everyone was wearing them and all you could see was a sea of light up mickey ears and rings around the theatre.
    We were really enjoying ourselves despite it being absolutely freezing!LOL That was until this old couple behind us started to be really nasty to the kids!
    They were talking amongst themselves (but for us to be able to hear) saying that it was out of order that we were all wearing these, how on earth were they supposed to see etc.
    I mean for Goodness sake – we were in Disney! They wouldn’t sell them directly before the show if they didn’t expect people to wear them would they?
    I was starting to get really annoyed and then the man kicked Aidan in the back! Aidan started screaming so badly I thought he must have really hurt him! I asked him what happened and Aidan said the man kicked him- ok so it could have just been an accident but the man was sniggering and didn’t apologise so I knew it wasn’t an accident!
    I turned to him and said, excuse me but you have just kicked my son and have really hurt him… he then said to me….Now this I couldn’t believe!
    “ Well you evil people are blocking our view with your stupid lights!” Well I swear to God, Mum and Paddy nearlly had to hold me back I was that angry!
    I just said “ Well if you think that, then Disney must be evil for selling them to us evil people!” I just didn’t know what to say I was sooo angry!
    I’m not a confrontational person at all but no-one gets to behave that way to my kids or us, Paddy just said to him – “ Excuse me Sir – but I think you should remember where you are! This is Disney a place for excitement and happiness not grumpy old men that like to spoil childrens days!”
    I just burst out laughing!
    But OMG was I just sooo angry my blood was boiling and my heart pounding in my chest with rage but I just wanted to enjoy Fantasmic as I had been really looking forward to that!
    Anyway enough about that….the show began!
    This was absolutely AMAZING we were chittering throughout but we just loved every minute of it – it really makes you smile from ear to ear!
    cont...

4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...

5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    We left the theatre and headed out to find the buggy and then wanted to see the Osbourne Lights before he headed home!
    But first we walked through Pixar Place and noticed that Buzz and Woody were still meeting so we hopped in there first!
    These guys were sooo much fun with the boys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We were then met with these most amazing lights!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was amazing how they moved to the music! It was all so Christmassy and we just loved it, it was a beautiful end to the day!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We didn’t hang around too long though as it was sooo cold that night and the kids were chittering and Aaron was just desperate for his bed!
    So we headed on out of the park! We popped by Publix on the way home to get wrapping paper and selotape and cards for Aaron’s birthday and then went home and wrapped his pressies before watching a bit of tv and then bed!
    Up next Aaron’s 3rd Birthday at Magic Kingdom!

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

What a dreadful old man!

I know, just being a single person at wdw waiting for parades another things, it can be really frustrating when i have been waiting in the front, only to have parents push their kids and buggies in front me. Disney is for all ages. I don't mean to sound like a 10 year old myself, but I was there first. Stand beside me, behind me, just don't push your way in front of me.

7. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

OMG!

1 - I can not stand pushy parents!

2 - WTH, How can a grown man justify kicking anybody let alone a child!

Well done Paddy for putting him in his place

8. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:slap: Some people are just mean!!In Disney of all places. i would have been boiling too!:yes:

9. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

It was definatley one of our worst moments but we got through it and Fantsmic is just amazing!

Thanks for reading along guys!

xxx