1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Dreamin for Beginners - Day 9 - Aaron's 3rd Birthday at Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Aug 24, 2009.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Wednesday 3rd December – AARON’S 3RD BIRTHDAY!
    Ok so today was Aaron’s birthday and we had planned a day at Magic Kingdom, we originally had a ADR for dinner at Crystal Palace today but we decided that because the kids weren’t eating all that much to cancel it and just eat counter service!
    So we had ordered a cake from Publix for Aaron! We had wanted a cake with Tigger and Pooh , Mickey or Lightening McQueen on it but the type of cakes that they are its like little plastic toys that make the “theme” of it and they were sold out of all the Disney “boys” characters so we settled for Big bird and Elmo! Aaron doesn’t have a clue who Big Bird is but he knows Elmo!
    So Paddy went round when Publix opened to collect the cake it was $22.99 according to my receipt.
    [​IMG]
    The birthday boy still wasn’t quite himself and was still a little grumpy! We decided to give him his presents first:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He seemed quite pleased with what he got and to be honest he is only 3 so doesn’t need all that much and the fact it was Christmas in 3wks time he was sure to get plenty then!
    So we got everyone showered and dressed (except Aaron) then decided even though it was only something like 10am that we would do his birthday cake now! We had planned to stay late at the park tonight so that Mum and Aaron could see Wishes ( as they hadn’t seen it on Sat) and to see the Spectromagic parade so there wasn’t much other time to do it really!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see Birthday cake for Breakfast went down a treat!! He loved his cake and so did we – it was very very yummy!!!!
    We then got Aaron dressed in his special Birthday T-shirt I had made him ( sorry he still wasn’t in the mood for posing for pics so this is the best your gonna get!LOL)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont...
  2. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We all then got packed up for the day ahead and headed on out to Magic Kingdom!
    We got parked up and then decided that today we were going to take the Ferry over to Magic Kingdom!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was a lovely sunny day but still quite cold even for coming up to lunchtime! But the view of the Castle from the boat still made me well up!LOL
    We headed straight for City Hall to cancel the ADR for today and also for the one we had for O’Hanas on our leaving day and to get Aaron’s birthday badge! He wasn’t too keen on wearing it so I attatched it to his hat!
    Paddy really wanted to have a look in the watch shop so we decided to have a quick look. Aaron had spotted the balloon seller though and was shouting for one! Well its his birthday after all…why not!
    I thought they were so cool the Balloon inside a balloon!
    [​IMG]
    Although as the day got on it did become quite annoying to carry around!LOL
    We spotted a photopass photographer outside the shop and decided to see if we could get the tinkerbell magic shot done.
    So we got one with the two big boys( Aaron still not playing for photos I’m afraid!) and then Mum and I got one each done. I wasn’t too keen on mines and Mums just seemed too much light or something? Here you can judge for yourselves:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We also got a group photopass pic taken but the sun was directly in our eyes so it was hard to “pose”LOL
    [​IMG]
    In fact all the photopass pics we had done in front of the castle that day weren’t my favourites and unfortunately that was the only other day we had pics done! Never mind there is always next year!LOL
    [​IMG]
    We decided to watch a bit of the Dream along with Mickey show – the kids loved this! We then wanted to head round in the direction of toontown! This afterall was Aaron’s day so ToonTown and Fantasyland were the priority today!
    We spotted another photopass photographer over by the bridge between fantasyland and tomorrowland and decided to get a few variations of pictures taken! Hey we had pre-ordered why not!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again the sun was in our eyes!
    A wee picture of the castle:
    [​IMG]
    cont...
  3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

So we headed on over to ToonTown
    [​IMG]
    we headed for Goofy’s Barnstormer first. Aaron screamed the whole time so needless to say we didn’t do that again – although the big two loved it!
    [​IMG]
    We then went over to Minnie’s house! It was packed the queue to get around it was massive and going sooo slow!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mums a wedding dress maker so she loved “using” Minnie’s sewing machine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...
  4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loads of photos!!!!!!LOL
    So after that we wanted to head into Mickey’s house but both Aaron and Aidan were having mini meltdowns – over what I cannot remember so Mum and Kieran went in on their own!
    What a messy mouse Mickey is!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We had a wonder over to the Judges tent as I really wanted to meet Tinkerbell but the wait was 90mins so I wasn’t going to wait that long!
    [​IMG]
    Some more pics as we went!
    [​IMG]

cont...
  5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    We headed out of Toontoon and we saw the Mad tea party! We all enjoy these kind of rides so this was our next port of call!
    Paddy and the boys went on one and Mum, Aaron and I on the other!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up was the winnie the pooh ride!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cont...
  6. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Then Snow White ride!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We then took a little break for a pretzel/ice cream and drink! While we were sitting down Kieran spotted a merchandise cart which had pin lanyard starter sets! He noticed the Stitch one and he begged and pleaded to get it. We had split the kids spends up into $20 per day. The starter kit was $45 but he understood that when his money was gone that was it! So off he went very pleased with himself ! You will see from further pics that he hardly took it off from then on!LOL
    Dumbo was the next stop! The queue for this was ridiculously long and the boys (well apart from Kieran ) were desperate to have a go! SO we used the GAC again and only had a 15min wait which was good.
    [​IMG]
    We saw that there was no queue at Mickey’s Philharmagic and I really really wanted to do this, the boys grumbled a bit as they thought it was just a stupid show! Boy did they eat their words!LOL
    We had to wait around a bit inside before being allowed to sit so we took a few pics while we waited!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WOW this was AMAZING! The boys were killing themselves laughing all the way through – even Aaron!
    They loved the 4D effects and kept reaching out for the bubbles or the things coming out of the screen! Was a great thing to see – them all smiling and laughing!
    BY this time it was nearlly time for the Dreams come true parade so we walked round to Liberty Square to see if we could get a spot. We did want to see it from Main St but there was no point walking all the way down there when we still had things to do up this way!
    cont...
  7. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

We got a great little spot across from the Hall of Presidents I think it was! Right at the front of the rope!
    This was a fab parade! We really enjoyed watching it ! We saw lots of Characters! Paddy was pleased to see his Hero Robin Hood there!LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont...
  8. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry there are soo many but I just couldn’t choose a few!LOL
    We then did Peter Pan’s flight ( sorry no pictures – well except this one!)
    [​IMG]
    And then we had to do it….just to say we had! It’s a small world! The queue for this was ridiculous! 2hrs for the standby!!!! We again used the GAC but still had a wait of around 20mins!
    No pictures although Paddy did video it but I’ve still to sort the footage out!
    By this time we were all starving! So we headed next door to Pinocchio Village Haus, We ordered 2 pepperoni pizzas, a cheese pizza, 2x chicken nuggets and fries meals, 2xsprites, a coffee and chocolate milk which came to $43.14. We all just shared really and a bit of everything! It was actually all quite good!
    We decided to then go back round to Frontierland! By this time it was getting dark. Aaron had fell asleep and the boys were desperate to do splash mountain!
    I really wanted to do this too but it was sooo cold by this point I really didn’t think it was such a good idea for any of us to go on and get wet and not be able to dry off as we still had Wishes and Spectro to see!
    But Paddy wasn’t caring about getting wet so off he,Kieran and Aidan went! We stod on the little bridge hoping to see them come down the mountain but it was just way too dark for us to make out who was coming down! I did manage to get one little picture as they were coming off!
    [​IMG]
    We walked back through to Liberty Square, Kieran and Aidan both wanted to try Haunted Mansion again, so Mum took Aaron to look in the shops and we said we’d call her when we were done.
    We got slightly further this time! Into the room before the ride! But before they got a chance to shut the doors they both started crying saying they wanted to leave! So off we went again! Don’t think we are going to do Haunted Mansion this trip!
    We came out and called Mum she was on the hunt for a Grumpy Plush for me to give to Paddy! She finally found one at the snow white ride shop!
    We all walked down towards the castle it was sooo busy! The castle lighting show was on so we headed over towards the bridge at tomorrowland and found a spot on that side!
    [​IMG]
    I love seeing the castle lit like this! That’s the only thing I will miss about going in October next year seeing it all lit up!
    We still had a bit of a wait before spectro but we had such a good spot we didn’t want to leave it. By this time it was pretty cold so I walked down to the entrance where we had put extra jumpers and things in a locker when we came in to get them!
    I’l tell you it was a task and a half trying to walk down Main St and even worse trying to get back up! It was sooo busy with people camping out for the parade!
    By the time I got back up we only had to wait another 15mins before the parade had started!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cont...
  9. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

This was sooo lovely I loved all the lights! I think the boys were slightly bored tho!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/carreen2001/Florida%20Day%208/P1040292.jpg[/IMG

cont...
  10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Absolutely loved it!
    Ok so when this finished things started to go a bit mental and the crowds were moving out so we thought we would try moving towards Main St so that we were a bit closer to the exit after Wishes!
    We were so lucky as we got to Casey’s Corner they were marking out the walkways and we managed to get the exact same spot we did last time – perfect view! Kieran got chatting to some kids and that passed a bit of time. Then Aidan and Aaron were hungry so Paddy went over to Casey’s corner and got them a couple of hot dogs and Mum, Me and him a hot chocolate to heat us up!
    We didn’t take any more pictures of Wishes this time as we just wanted to enjoy it! Mum and I were bawling our eyes out by the end! It was just as good the second time as it was the first for me!
    We decided to just take our time and have a look up and down the shops on our way out!
    We went over to the Emporium – WOW everyone had the same idea it was mobbed!!!
    Aidan really wanted to get more cuddlies with his money so he bought a Mickey and Minnie because he was spending a certain amount we got the option to buy special fleece blanket with the Castle all lit up on it, so you know…..I just had to!!!
    I love my blankie! I use it every night to cuddle up on the couch! I will try to remember to take a picture of it and post it at the end of the report!
    We went into the bakery and got some bags of sweets for the kids to take back to their classmates and then headed for the monorail!
    We got home about 10.30! We had a really fab day! The only thing being is that even though it was Aaron’s birthday we didn’t really feel like we celebrated it much! He slept for a huge part of the day but we did manage to get a lot done in fantastyland which was good and lots of Cast Members wished him a Happy Birthday and commented on his Special T-shirt as well as the kids Pirates of the Caribbean t-shirts!
    All in all a successful day!
    A last little picture of the Birthday boy before he got ready for bed!
    [​IMG]

Next up – Epcot Worldshowcase
  11. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh goodness, more yummy sweets are sharing with us! That cake looks so good! I've heard only positive things about the Publix cakes.

Thanks for the photos. I seem to always miss the 3pm parade. I have about a handful of visits under my belt and I have yet to catch the parade.
  12. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Smashing day and the birthday boy gets to do what he likes best, sleep!
  13. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

It was a great day! And yes Aaron did like to sleep !

xxx