1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney (DVC) to the rescue!

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Tink, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What a week and a half it has been... :sigh:

A week ago (on Sunday) we moved every single thing on our first floor to the garage and second floor. EVERYTHING. What a job. Then we checked into a Homewood Suites for a week. The boys went to my sisters. It's closer for the boy's Da's work...

We contracted with a local company to have our white floors torn up (vinyl, and carpet) and new 6"x24" porcelain tile that simulates wood laid.

We checked out of the Homewood Suites on Saturday (this past, the 22nd). I went to work, and Herself went home. She texted me. Not good. Seriously not good.
    I got home from work about 5:00 pm and saw the disaster that is our floor. Cracked tiles. Chipped tiles. Crooked tiles, uneven tiles, spaced badly... The was the worst tiling job I've EVER, EVER seen.

Sunday they were closed. Monday I called. Tonight the owner came to the house. We'd put little yellow sticky notes at all the problem areas. His face went dead white when he saw the many notes. It looks like it's snowed yellow...

He was abjectly sorry and guaranteed us he'll make it right. Whew, huh?

However, we have a young visitor coming from California this SATURDAY. I DO NOT want to bring her into this mess. We can't cook... we can't even sit and relax.

Soooo (yep, I'm getting to the point) I called DVC Member services yesterday. NOTHING available anywhere on property. Not a studio, not a 1 bedroom, not a treehouse villa, not a two bedroom, no grand villa. Nada. Niete. El Zip.

So tonight I'm poking around on line via the DVC Member site and for the heck of it I run the dates to check in on 6/29 and check out on 7/2. Low and behold a two bedroom at SSR popped up! I booked that baby quicker than you can say, well... BOOK IT DANO! :lol:

So, we'll be at SSR for at least a little while and give this flooring company a chance to get this floor right. Nearly all the tiles have to be replaced.

What would I do without my DVC? :eek:
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

A. Nice reprieve! Enjoy it
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Oh dear, I do hope they get your floor sorted, that is just UNACCEPTABLE. :nono:

Now then, I'm interested to hear what you think of SSR :)
  4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Its a very nice place to have to stay at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk