1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Fantasy to be christened in New York on the 1st March 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disney Cruise Line are going against tradition as the new Disney Fantasy will be christened in New York City. She will be the first Disney Cruise Line ship to be christened outside of Florida.

The christening ceremony of the Disney Fantasy ship will take place on the 1st March.

The Fantasy will be leaving Germany and will sail across to New York for the 28th February.

On the evening of 1st March, there will be a night time christening of the Fantasy and the following day she will sail Port Canaveral in Florida for a series of preview cruises followed by its maiden voyage on March 31.

Disney Cruise Line's previous three ships, the Magic, Wonder, and Disney Dream were all christened at Port Canaveral.

The reason the Disney Fantasy is being christened outside of Florida is because Disney Cruise Line is expanding in 2012 to include three new home ports; New York, Seattle and Galveston.

After the Fantasy arrives at Port Canaverel, the Disney Magic ship will move to New York where she will be sailing 20 cruises from New York beginning the 25th May 2012.

The Fantasy will be cruising the Western Caribbean.
  2. Tasha315

Tasha315 Earning my ears

I'm looking forward to seeing the Disney Fantasy, I will be attending with my service dog Tasha as a special guest of Disney.