1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney FASTPASS Changes begin 7th March 2012 - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Walt Disney World has informed it's Cast members that from the 7th March 2012 the enforcement of the FASTPASS return time window will begin.

At present Disney don't allow guests to enter the FASTPASS queue before their ticket window, but Cast Members have, up until now, allowed guests to return anytime from the start to the end of the day.

Disney have said:

“Guests can now arrive 5 minutes before their scheduled start time and up to 15 minutes after their scheduled end time. Guests arriving after this time will not be permitted to ride”

It is thought that the next generation of FASTPASS is in the pipeline and this is why Disney are changing the rules.

UPDATED INFORMATION

From Wednesday, March 7, 2012 all guests will be expected to return within the return time window that is specified on the FASTPASS ticket that they received.

This means that if a guest received a ticket that states "Return Between 10am and 11am" they will have to come to the attraction and use their Fastpass only between 10am and 11am

Late arrivals will NOT be honored any longer.

There are, of course, some exceptions.

Guests that arrive either 5 minutes in advance or up to 10 minutes later will still be able to use the FASTPASS queue.

Late FASPASSes will also continue to be honored in case of an attraction downtime, a delay in meal service or personal emergency.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Re: Disney FASTPASS Changes beginning in March

I do have to say, this makes sense.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'm surprised they are allowing the 5 minutes before

4. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

I agree that it makes sense, but surely this should have been in place from the start, thats the whole point of fastpass. I was on the understanding that you could only use them after the alloted time if the ride had broken down or something similar, not just because you couldn't be bothered to go for your alloted time. Hmmm it does make me wonder sometimes :unsure:

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And, following up on what Lisa just said, what are they going to do if the ride is not available during your allotted time?

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Well the ability to use the FP anytime after the initial time on the card has always been the case. I've used it and encouraged others they could too. It was perfectly acceptable at one point.

I imagine if the ride is down, they will give the guests (and probably just the ones who complain) a new FP.

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

it makes total sense, but still.. boo hoo!! we were hoping of being able to get fast passes in the morning and use them after lunch when the parks are more crowded...

bummer

8. Googelibear

Googelibear Earning my ears

That was my understanding as well. Why else would there be a RETURNtime on the fast pass is this wasn't so. You got an hour to be here, then please be here. Right?
    Why people think it is anything but that is beyond me. On other Disney boards, people are outraged at Disney's "nerve" to make them come back at the time printed on the fp :nono: