1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Files lawsuits against people allegedly selling bogus tickets

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disney Enterprises, Inc., filed three lawsuits on Thursday in United States District Court against people who allegedly have sold fake tickets to the theme park.

Elena Tarano, of Orlando, was arrested three times in the past year for allegedly selling already-used tickets to Disney as well as Universal Orlando Resort.

In the suit, Disney alleges copyright and trademark infringement.

“There’s too much of it going around and I think it should be dealt with by the authorities,” said visitor Michael Randall, of Texas.

Tarano runs a ticket shop along International Drive near Sand Lake Road in Orange County. That is where she has done the illegal business, Disney said in the suit. The shop was closed Sunday when WFTV stopped by.

Disney claims it suffered losses from the scheme by Tarano: “[She] has obtained gains, profit, and advantages as a result of wrongful acts,” the suit states.

It goes on to say Tarano’s illegal business has negatively affected Disney’s image.

“Defendant’s marketing, advertising, distribution, sale or offer for sale of Invalid Multi-day Passes bearing the Disney Trademarks in Florida and in interstate commerce has and will cause likelihood of confusion, deception and mistake in that the buying public will conclude that the Invalid Multi-day Passes sold by Tarano are authorized, approved, or associated with Disney.”

Disney also slapped Tahir Ansari, Dabeyba Fraketti and Jeffrey Almiron with similar lawsuits filed separately.

Court paperwork alleges they run ticket shops in Orange and Osceola counties that also sell fake tickets.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

good! :yes:

There are too many of those scammy shops around and only this year I've heard of two friends suckered by them.

They get to Disney and find out the tickets only have 2 days not 5 etc and the other one had people knocking on their villa door demanding the "remainder days" of their ticket back because the tickets sold had 5 days and they'd bought 2 ;/

We keep being accosted by places when we walk out of places like the golden corral. They just keeeeep talking and we feel rude walking away but its all we can do to shut them up!

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's always amazed me how little attention is paid by the authorities to this matter. It's illegal plain and simple, but these crooks are allowed to merrily do their business and continue to rip people off without any intervention by the police.

Hopefully now, there will be some cleaning up of this kind of nonsense. So many people lose serious money being scammed by these creeps.

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Sue 'em all! :yes:

But it complete escapes me why the authorities won't just arrest them and have done with it. It's fraud, pure and simple. And as much as Orlando and Florida depend on the tourist trade, I'd have thought the FDLE at least would have been all over this.

Tom :)macwave:... low life cretins...)

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

can i flog then? :anxious: