1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney for a 2 yr old?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by repofan1, Mar 12, 2012.

1. repofan1

repofan1 Earning my ears

Me and My BF are planning on taking his Lil' Bro to disney in the fall of this year, He will be almost 3. He is VERY into Disney and me and my BF are very excited about the trip, but i'm worried that some of the things may be too much. Is WDW OK for a2 yr old? Or would y'all recomend bringing someone else?

Thanks!
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Good grief! YES!!! WDW is perfect for little ones. We've been taking the boy since he was only a few months old. Little ones love it so much.

Do try to stick with his usual routine though, including food. We get so excited for and with them we end up letting them eat all sorts of treats that can result in one sick little kiddo. Last thing you want at WDW.

Bring a stroller. He'll tire. It's a huge place as you know.
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oh yes, its perfect! :yes: We took dd a couple of weeks after she turned 2 and she had a truely wonderful time! :yes:
  4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I just got back from Disneyland Paris with my niece Niamh, who has just turned three. It was a fantastic age to take her, she is old enough to go on quite a few rides and she was a great age to see characters. The whole holiday was one big character hunt :rotfl: She went on Phantom Manor (DLRP's Haunted Mansion) which she found terrifying but she still wanted to go on it. :rotfl:
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh definitely take him, he's not too young. I think when they are smaller they experience it a different way, all I would say though is remember the characters are larger than he might be expecting.

I don't think you need to take a friend for him, he will love the one on one time, just be prepared for him to need a nap in the afternoon :yes:

You will both have a brilliant time as well, seeing Disney through the eyes of someone so young is just amazing :D
  6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We just took our son in October 2011 and he was 4 months shy of his 3rd birthday and he had a wonderful time :yes: As long as we took a nap in the afternoon and fed him around his usual meal time, he was a pretty happy kid! With a few hours of sleep in the middle of the day he was able to stay up for all the fireworks/night shows, and he pretty much went on every ride that his big sister (almost 5 at the time) went on. He didn't really like the 3D shows with the glasses, but was happy enough to sit through them and he loved the HM and POC! We just told him what was going to happen before the ride and we talked to him during the rides and he was fine. :yes:
  7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Its perfect and brilliant at that age - we took Matthew when he was (almost) 1 ,2, 3 and 4 and it was a different experience each and every time - the cast members were astonioshing and it makes you appreciate things you never would if you were going alone.

I was really scared takinga little one the first time and posted on another Disney board - many people there went opn about how innapropriate it was but it was THE best time we went. Just magic to be in that amazing place with the people we loved the most
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

My nephew was 2 when we took him. He had the most amazing time and we're taking him again next year when he'll be 12. :thud: Steven was 9 months when he first went and he still talks about hitting Cinderella in the face with a piece of brocolli. :happybounce:

Just remember to go at their pace and not yours.:thumbsup:
  9. repofan1

repofan1 Earning my ears

How cute!!

Were thinking about having another adult go because its his and his brothers 1st time at Disney! And I don't want to have to leave Lil' Man with a cast member while me and my bf go on Expedition Everest or a roller coastre.
  10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Well, we all love Disney here, so I doubt anyone will tell you not to take him :)

Having said that, YES, I also agree, Disney is PERFECT for toddlers :)

You do have to plan a bit more when taking little ones, and work around their schedules for meals and naptimes... booking ADRs in advance, checking out which rides he can get on, taking a stroller, etc.... but it is very fun to experience Disney through a little one's eyes :)

I recommend it a 100%
  11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

as for going on rides and leaving him.. you can take advantage of baby swap...

you wil lno tbe able to both ride at the same time, but only one of you would have to get in line, and the cm at the entrance of the ride while give the first rider a fast pass for the second rider :)

I dont believe you can leave a child with a cm
  12. repofan1

repofan1 Earning my ears

Were still in the pre-pre planning stage of a WDW trip, only thing im worried about is cost, especially with gas prices going up