1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Guest’s Car Broken into at Magic Kingdom Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

A family from Mississippi returned to their car Saturday night at Magic Kingdom to find their computer, GPS, Christmas gifts and even a loaded gun gone.

The items' value is well into the thousands of dollars, according to the family.

Unfortunately, Disney security told the family that there are no security cameras in some of the park’s parking lots including Magic Kingdom's.

According to the Orange County Sheriff Office and Disney security officers who talked with the family, car thieves are cruising the parking lots at local attractions with a handful of keyless entry devices until a car's lights or alarms go off. That allows for an easy in and out for the thieves.

The gun taken from the family’s car was Randy Bond’s grandfathers.

“What if that gets given to somebody, or sold to someone, and somebody gets killed with that gun, I mean how am I going to feel,” said Bond.

The Bonds were also confused by the Disney security guard who told them they should not have called 911 and should have waited the more than 35 minutes it took for the guard to show up, before calling for a deputy.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Wow!

Cant believe there are no cameras and no continous vigillance

Evem shopping mall parking lots have cameras!

And it took 35minutes for a security officer to show up after a LOADED gun was reported stolen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

WHY ON EARTH did they have a LOADED gun in the car??!?!??!?!?!?! :doh:

Ok yes and all that other business. With the money we pay to get in, why doesn't Disney have cameras and why did it take him 35 minutes to get to the scene? Lots and lots of why..

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'm not touching the gun issue. You know what people say. Sigh.

Why on earth would they have all that stuff in the car? And does this sound fishy to anyone else??? Sounds like a scam to me.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Having a loaded gun in a car is completely irresponsible and in some states, illegal. Leaving a computer in a car in Florida is not too bright just given the potential for heat to raise the interior temperature of the car to well over 100.

I think it's a shame the car was burgled, and I do understand why people leave valuable items in their cars in the WDW parking lots. Particularly if you are on your way home, or between hotels, there isn't much choice for where to leave it.

I would never wait for security anywhere, and would always call 911 first. 911 gets you to true law enforcement. Disney security is just that, people dressed in "police costumes" and have no real authority to do anything for you.