1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Disney guests to get extra FastPass+ each day

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by keith, Apr 24, 2014.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

From Monday 28th April 2014, after Disney guests use their three FastPass+ reservations, they will be able to make another selection at one of the kiosks, and another after that is used, and so on. After using the first three FastPass+ reservations, the additional ones can be made in a different park something which wasn't possible until now.

Disney Chairman, Staggs, says, "As we've said from the beginning, MyMagic+ will continue to evolve over time with the aim of continuing to improve our guests' experience with us and in response to feedback from our guests. Today's news is another chapter of that story and we look forward to sharing more with you as we continue to roll out and refine MyMagic+."

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Good news!!

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Excellent! Wonder if this can be done from the app or must it be done at a kiosk?

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds good.

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Hmmmm......I was going to make my selections for pm if possible to try and ride some attractions first thing but maybe now it is better to get FP's for early in the day.

6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Makes me even less likely to book evening shows as one of the FPs then!

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Also, I wonder if there will be any "tier" restrictions on which rides you can FP?

Definitely seems like a step in the right direction, though.

8. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I was also thinking that.

9. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I heard from one of the podcasts that this is a trial and if not sucessful they will be trying another forumla. The one which is rumoured is that you can always have three fastpasses. So as soon as one drops off you can select another for that day.

10. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I heard that too, and I prefer that system, so you can book evening FP+s in advance and still book ad-hoc in the parks. I wonder if the reason they didn't go with that initially as it might be a little awkward using that and still allowing FP+ in multiple parks in a day. They may have to wait until the software is in place to book different parks in advance.

11. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I have to say its nice to read all positive posts after something about FP+.
    I saw this pop up on Facebook yesterday and the comments about it were crazy and that people were no longer going to go back to disney because of it. I know it's not the most ideal but it's certainly no worse than the old system. The rumour Oreo and tony have mentioned would be a lot better.
    I guess what disney is trying to do is get you in their parks for every day of your holiday and spend more money, by restricting your FP reservations is makes you revisit a park.
    I think some people will only be happy if they have a guaranteed front of the line ticket :)

Wendy likes this.
  12. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is always going to be someone who isn't happy with whatever Disney decides to do.

I think before it's all sorted out finally Disney will have tried lots of different options.

13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

If people decide not to go to Disney anymore then their is more room for us! Lol

I'm in a particularly generous mood this evening :) Disney certainly can't please everyone. If they change things, people complain and say it's the end of the world as they know it. Yet if Disney keeps things the same then others complain that it's stale and they need to be cutting edge. It's really a no win situation.

I don't like planning every moment of my day. I've been to WDW enough that I can relax and don't have to go commando. I know I'll be back. My only real problem with Fastpass+ is that it is such a huge battery sucker on my phone :-(

14. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

You're right johnie - more room for us :)
    I think the next time we manage to get to Florida the plan is 3 weeks. 1 week to do things non disney such as universal and sea world and the 2 weeks to do disney at a leisurely pace. What I will probably do is the first week of disney is book fastpasses, adrs etc and then the 2nd week just see where we end up :)
    I loved using the mde app last year. It was great to be able to see what the wait times were and what times the FP were at for rides especially when your on the other side of the park. For a family of 6 adults and 3 children of different ages, we turned up at the magic kingdom and said "right where first", a quick look on the app made us head for buzz as it was a short queue and a great first ride for the kids.
    I can only see this whole FP+ and mde making things a little easier. I certainly do see (and I don't think disney would let it happen) there being a situation where all the FP kiosk are mobbed and there are no fps left during the day.