1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Hollywood Studio rumors

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

From the rumourmill

"Rumours abound that the Tower of Terror is not the only attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios that will be receiving enhancements this summer. When the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster closes from May 15 to 20, it will be getting a more interactive queue. Rumors regarding the removal of the Aerosmith theming are running rampant, but no confirmation of that at this time. We don't have all the details of what's involved in the queue change yet, but it's possible that the "queue-less line" that was tested earlier as a pilot for the "double Dumbo" queue may return.

Rumours also that for the first time Imagineering is going to take advantage of the ability to swap out computer programs and change one of the midway games at Toy Story Midway Mania. In conjunction with the upcoming Toy Story 3 (coming to theaters on June 18)—the balloon pop game will be changed from Bo Peep and her sheep to Rex and Trixie (the triceratops from the new movie), and will feature a jungle/volcano theme. There is reportedly also some additional scoring information that will be presented to you at the conclusion of the game.

Because the changes to Toy Story Midway Mania only involve changing out computer programs, it is expected that the modifications will be made overnight, and the attraction will simply close one day with the old game and reopen the next day with the new game. That will be very impressive, and will likely indicate that Imagineering will similarly be able to implement seasonal overlays for the attraction overnight.

It's not certain whether those changes will appear at the version of Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's California Adventure, but it would be a reasonable assumption."

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

What's a queue-less line?

Apart from an oxymoron. :lol:

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oh i love Aerosmith, i dont want them to change the theme! :(

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

An excellent question! Well phrased! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... inquiring minds want to know!)

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's a bit fastpassish I think

When you arrive at an attraction you get a ticket/boarding pass, etc. This pass will let you know what group you are a part of. While you wait for your group to be called there are various activities for you to do in the area. In the case of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster there is a DJ along with Rock Band/Band Hero/Guitar Hero type games for guests to play.

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Maybe Jedwood are taking over :unsure:

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:sully:

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

me neither!

R&R is one of my favorites!

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

ohhh..

it will be interesting to see how many people get so caught up in Guitar hero that they totally forget about riding...

10. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

That all sounds interesting. Can you tell me what is happening to ToT though?

Margaret