1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Infinity

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Dawn, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Anyone else got this? Steven got the starter set for Christmas and we've added a few extra figures and discs for him. He's really enjoying playing with it. Still shouts at me when I do it wrong but nothing new there. I love the way the figures move true to their animated form and we're finding some neat tricks hidden around the game. Expect we'll be adding to it as more figures are released. Definitely a hit in this house.
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I haven't, what is it exactly, I've seen figures for it, but I wasn't really sure what it was :lol:
  3. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We've just got it too. Love the way Jack sparrow moves!
  4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I've seen this EVERYWHERE, but haven't really paid much attention to it as the kids are a bit older and not really age-appropriate for it...can you explain it a little bit? I'm wondering if this would be a good gift for the niece/nephew...
  5. Dawn

It's like Skylanders - you place a figure on the game portal and the figure appears in the game on screen. Then it's like Little Big Planet because you can create your own worlds and for the useless gamers (me) you can spend a happy hour just batting a beach ball around with Mickey's hat. :lol: The graphics are wicked and the detail in each character is excellent. Listen it's not going to win any gaming awards but if you have young(ish) children who like the characters then I think it's money well spent.
  6. Beccaberry

Sounds perfect for Lilly and Thomas! :) Can you give me an idea as to the price?
  7. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

.......my husband got it for Christmas :wink:
  8. Dawn

In your money about $75 for the starter set which comes with 3 figures. Extra figures start from $13 and power up disc are $5 for a pack of 2. We are currently testing out Steven's new Dash figure. :D
  9. Beccaberry

Well now that doesn't sound too bad...I like that it's something we could build on...it's always so challenging to come up with something unique to give them...
  10. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I've just been reading up on this, got myself all excited about it then rread the reviews, we have a Wii and according to all reviews its not as good cus you can only play 1 player and not 2. Bit disappointed. :sigh:
  11. Dawn

Really? That's annoying. We have 2 player on the PS3.
  12. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i'd really like this but I don't really have time at the moment that's why i resisted. We did get Disney universe on PS3 for £8 in the disney store yesterday though
  13. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

Sooo, I have a 5 year old bother who was getting this for Christmas. I got obsessed shopping for accessories for him with DW to be, and she was patient. I would say if I had it I would get this and this and this and this... and I talked about playing it with him. Skip to Christmas morning...

She bought it for me! I was so surprised!! I spent a good chunk of my Christmas money on extra figures and disks and love combining my stuff with DB (is Disney Brother a thing?). I found a great forum for the game and figured if you want rare discs (they have moving images on the disk) scratch the packages to feel and hear if you have one. Sorcerer Micky has been preordered and should be shipping any day from Toys R Us (in my opinion is the place to go for the game and accessories.)
  14. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Ok so I wasn't impressed when I saw this in a shop so decided I wasn't going to get into the hype of it all.

Went to my brothers who had just bought this and got Jess (my gf) hooked.

She ended up buying a second hand copy from eBay for the wii and she got it Friday.

It came with around 7 characters and she's just bouGht Mike from monsters inc from sainsburys today.

Haven't briefly looked at it, it is very much like little big planet crossed with tomb radar type game play.

It's not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.

I can see it becoming an expensive hobby especially when the second one is released at the end of the year for the ps4.
  15. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Matthew fleetingly loved this for 40 seconds :rolleyes: so I have a load of figures and discs. He is happy to part with them but not his Skylanders so if anyone wants anything let me know - I'll list some later on

such a shame as it looks a deeply cool game - my best was sailing the pirate ships :yes:
  16. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I saw this for the girls, but we do try to keep them away from video games where they dont move! And then I just didnt get what the goal of the game was. Maybe when they are older and actually ask for it, hahaha
  17. Dawn

My best is pushing a beach ball around. I do that for hours. :D