1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Magic in March... couple of questions!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by jaccimullican, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jaccimullican

jaccimullican Earning my ears

We are going on the Disney Magic 5 day cruise out of Galveston in March. We have 3 kiddos, ages 3, 5 and 8. A couple of questions...
    1. I did not see anywhere while checking in online to sign up for kiddos activities ahead of time. Is there a place to reserve specific activities for kiddos onboard? If so, what is best?

2. My daughter really wants to go on a Dolphin excursion. She is 8 and wants to at least pet the dolphins, but would really like to swim with them. The boys (ages 3 and 5) say they want to, but not sure they actually will. Trying to decide best alternative. I know the youngest is too young to actually swim and if we picked that excursion some of us would be "observers" and while she and DH swam with the dolphins. The other alternative is to do the Discovery excursion where we can all pet the dolphins, but no swimming. SUGGESTIONS?? ADVICE???

3. Lastly, any wonderful tips about Disney Magic that I just have to know?

THanks!!

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Sorry I've no experience of disney cruises just wanted to welcome you to the site :wave:

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you:yes:

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Jaccimullican!

:spraywelcome: to Secrets!

Hmmm... the Magic out of Galveston for a 5 day cruise? I assume that would be the 4 night Western Caribbean cruise. Correct?

If your reservation is paid in full, you should be able to reserve onboard activities for the kids just by signing into the DCL web and reserving from there. You'll probably find it under the "Planning Center" menu -> "My Cruise Activities". You should be able to get them into either the Oceaneer Club or Oceaneer Lab there. On the Magic, both of those are for the 3 to 12 year old range. Or, if that doesn't work for you, just give DCL a call and they can probably do it for you. Finally, if all else fails, immediately when you board the ship, ask the nearest cast member (or the cast member who checks you in at the terminal) where to book the kids in. Our kids are grown and gone so we don't travel with little ones so I'm not sure if you book them in onboard at the Guest Services desk or if you need to actually go to the clubs. Both clubs on the Magic are on Deck 5 midships. The caveat to this is your reservation must be paid in full before you can book these.

Again, we don't travel with little kids so this is only based on what I would do in that situation. If you're actually on the 4 night cruise with a port of call in Cozumel, you'll only have time for one port adventure . In that case, I'd book the Discovery option where everyone can participate. But that's just me. One thing I feel is certain. While this may be your first Disney Cruise, I'm sure it won't be your last. Maybe next time, all the kids will be a little older and can all do the dolphin swim.

Other than the fact that it's my favorite ship of Disney's fleet? Not really. The only thing you'll need to know is that you'll have a marvelous time. The only issue you'll face is that there just isn't enough time to do it all. Do make sure you see the shows in the evening though. They're amazing. Especially if you're a Disney fan! :yes:

If you've got any other questions we can help with, just ask.

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. :sail:)

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I can`t add much to what catrancher has already stated as he has pretty much covered your questions in detail, however a warm :secrets3: to you!

I also agree that this will only be the start of your cruising experience, as I`m sure that you will want to do more in the future....BTW the "Magic" is also my favourite among the DCL fleet also. :yes:

5. jaccimullican

Thanks everyone! Excited and just want it all to be "perfect" if thats possible... This is our 3rd Disney related trip since having kids. Both have been to Orlando, and both times a stomach virus plagued our family!! :( Needless to say I am going overboard to make this trip run as smoothly as possible and praying for NO SICKNESS!!!

6. jaccimullican

Oooooooooo... maybe I shouldn't have used the term "going overboard". Hehe :yes:

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: