1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion Plans

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jul 31, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

We've been seeing this from several sources and although not confirmed, the blueprints look very real. It could be that this is just one possible option out of several.

The expanded area remakes everything from where the current Little Mermaid meet and greet is, moves Dumbo, and goes back to the service road all the way across to the existing Toon Town Fair tents. The only attraction that will remain from the existing Toon Town is Goofy’s Barnstormer. Dumbo will now be located across from the Barnstormer and will be expanded to two spinners doubling the capacity of that popular attraction.

The rest of the expansion is dedicated almost entirely to the Pixie’s and Princesses that has become the marketing and merchandising focus of the Walt Disney Company the last few years. There are three new meet and greets Pixie Hollow is expanded, Cinderella gets a larger meet and greet, Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty) also gets a spot.

one disneyblog says the following "My thoughts on this plan? It’s exactly what I would expect Disney World to come up with as an answer to Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Disney is essentially writing off the tween boys and focusing all their attention on the girls with the idea that moms and their daughters control the vacation purse strings."

Attached Files:

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

More princesses? :sigh:

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Im glad they are finally planning to do something with all the 20,000 leagues (was it 20,000??) area.... and they DO need to add up more "Disney" stuff...

However, I really dont understand why its all about princesses and pixies (and believe me, I LOVE them, and Im sure Tatiana would be more than happy with just that in a few years time) !!.... Disney has so many great and different characters, and they just dont exploit them enough!

I for one would love to see the 100acre wood.... or Andy's room from Toy Story, or more Lilo & Stitch (the Stitch ride cant be ridden by the movie's target market, pretty dumb is you ask me!), and what about Cars??? little boys love Cars!

4. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Is there anyplace where we can take a gander at that blueprint in a larger format?

5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I have never been on the Indy Speedway, but I would if they had the Pixar Cars . I liked that idea .

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Well, it's not really my thing, but I would love a Beauty and the Beast ride.