1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Magic upgrades

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by eeyoreguy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Disney Magic drydock upgrades

The Disney Magic is set to add new features while in drydock till September 24.

Among the enhancements are the addition of "Mickey's Splash Zone" by the Mickey pool. This 385 square foot area will have a Sorcerer's Apprentice theme with moon and star shaped fountains. This section is designed for little ones still in swim diapers.

Both the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab will be streamlining the registration area. Later this year they'll be introducing Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). Children will be given RFID embedded wristbands which will allow them to check in and out of the clubs with a simple tap on the RFID sensor.

In the Quiet Cove adult area, cushioned teak lounge and deck chairs will be added around the pool. Additionally, waterfalls will cascade from the hot tubs. In the Cove Cafe, the seating will be replaced with cushy lounge chairs.

Additionally, 22 inch flat screen LCD TV's will be installed in all of the staterooms.
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s great news eeyoreguy, thanks for the info.
    It looks like we`ll be among the first to check out the additions [not the kids stuff though! :lol:] as we will be on the "Magic" on our cruise starting on September 27th.:smiley4:
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

The Magic is about a 4 iron away from me as we speak. It is in the BAE drydock. It arrived about midnight Sunday and as of 12 noon on Monday they were well on their way of stripping the bottom coat of paint. Work is going on all over the ship.

Attached Files:

4. Slowhand

Great shot Dan.
    It must be very interesting watching the work taking place.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

great photo Dan! wonderful to have a man on the spot so to speak :D
  6. Watchinherskip

It is really cool to see the work. Sometimes while it is in dock you can see that they have movies going on the jumbo screen. Guess the crew is busy and on board, but they still need some recreation time. Work does go one just about 24 hours a day. Parking fee is most likely over $10K/day without any work..just to park on the dry dock. So I guess they are in a hurry to get the work done. The crew gets out into my little town of Portsmouth while in drydock. Haven't seen any in the museum this trip, but have in the past.
  7. Watchinherskip

Well, by my calculations the Magic has been in drydock for about 10 days now and work is progressing. I know Slowhand can't wait to see her all sparkling and refreshed. They removed the skirt around the hull after putting down some of that new slick coating but it looks like it isn't quite finished yet. There seems to be primer all along the lowest hull. They seemed to be working on the bow thrusters yesterday afternoon. As you can see the life boats are not placed back on her decks yet.

Attached Files:

8. Slowhand

Hey Dan, I don`t like the look of "Titan" in one of the photos. Please tell me that they didn`t run out of paint in order to write "ic" at the end! :shocked025:
  9. Watchinherskip

:lol: Good one!! I hope not.