1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney magical express or taxi towncar?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Disfan, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

I think we can get the disney magical express for free with our booking but people have told me that it may take an hour to get to the resort :( is it better to just pay for a towncar do you think?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I guess it really depends on whether or not you have the money to spend and whether you think that extra time it takes on DME is worth spending that money to get there what 1/2 hour earlier at best?

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We've used DME every trip since it's been available :yes:

The experience has been mostly excellent! Every now and again the queue has been a bit large at the airport, if there were a lot of flights getting in at the same time, but usually not more than a few minutes to get to the signin desk.

After that, we're usually on a coach either immediately or within 5 mins.

It can take a while to go round a few different resorts. I THINK They have a maximum of three or four that they go to and we always seem to be at the last one.

Nevertheless, it doesn't take THAT long, its comfortable enough and later that evening the bags magically appear in our room.

I remember the towncar people saying it'd be rubbish, they'd charge lots for it and so on. So far that couldn't be further from the truth :yes:

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would use DME since it is free. I don't typically use it since I almost always rent a car.

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have not used magical express, I always use a towncar. After driving, then flying the last thing I want is to wait on someone else. I'm usually grumpy by then.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've not used it, but we had relatives who did when the all came in for the 75th birthday (of another relative). They all enjoyed the experience and said it was fun!

One, who gets motion sick easily opted not to use it.

7. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

We've used it for the last 2 times we've been and will use it again this year. It's so easy to do and a lovely way to get to the resort. Take your luggage with you on the coach so you don't have to wait for it being delivered and we've never stopped at more than 3 other resorts before BC. Lovely little video to watch on the way. Have never waited longer than about 5 minutes at the airport before getting on the coach and you don't have to pay for it in any case, it's free to everyone who is staying at a Disney resort.

8. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

We've been using it since it was offered and think it is a great perk! We have never had to wait long. Most of the time we arrive at MCO in the evening anyway and don't usually make any special plans for the day we arrive because we are usually too tired the first evening. So, how long it takes to get to the resort is pretty much immaterial to us.

The towncars are great and we've used them in the past. But we'd rather save the money now.