1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Marathons

Discussion in 'General' started by meeshybee, Mar 17, 2009.

1. meeshybee

meeshybee Earning my ears

Both my parents have signed up for marathons at WDW in January. I have had a really hard time trying to find any info about the marathons. I guess I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Any info/advice on the best places to stay to attend the marathons?

I'll have to get some super cute pom-poms for the kids to cheer with, too!
  2. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Your best bet would be to stay at one of the WDW resorts. This way you can grab WDW transportation and be able to meet up with the runners as the move along the race course.
    The runners will be given the course ahead of time and I'm sure you will be able to pre-plan where to see them along the way. (according to their running times and whatnot.) Disney does have bleachers set up at the ending and begining of the race. (EPCOT) You can take the monorail to/from EPCOT to see the runners coming out of MK area.

The marathons start very early in the morning. If you are planning on going with the runners to the start line I think the busses leave the hotels at 5amish. Runners take first priority for getting on the busses but it shouldn't be a problem for watchers to get on the busses too.
  3. meeshybee

meeshybee Earning my ears

My parents went this past January and said the runners left for the park at 4am, the spectators at 5am. Extremely early for small children, but that's the beauty of naptime! And getting into the parks early will be a real blessing.

I'm trying to convince my parents to go with a monorail hotel, not just for the race. It will make it that much easier on Dh and I with strollers and naptimes the whole time we're there.