1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Online Dining Reservation (ADR) system now available!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

The long awaited and often rumoured system for making Disney Dining Reservations online over the Internet is now online

disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants

UK visitors still get bounced to the UK site so may have to click the "visit US site" link on the top left handside of the webpage to be able to see the booking system. ( http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/?forceDomestic=true may work better for UK folks )

Once there, guests see the Disney restaurants including special events and dinner shows available to book.

At this time, anyone seems to be able to book anything and the system does not seem to force people to put in a reservation. This means anyone can seemingly make as many reservations as they please including the multiple reservations at the same date & time which has long been a Disney problem.

The system seems somewhat flakey at the moment, returning 404 not found pages whilst working fine other times. Reports also indicate that when the online system says no availability, phoning the dining line indicates plenty of room.

It is as yet unclear if Disney will tie down the ability to make reservations to ensure that people don't tie up availability by booking many different restaurants at the same time.

The system has the usual Disney 90 days or less in advance booking restriction (90 days + 10 if a Disney resort guest)

After completing your reservations, you can review them easily, print them out and even cancel ones you don't need.

Although nice looking, the system starts to feel slow in actual use and it's too early to see how well it will do under load. There is a lot of clicking around needed to book a couple of weeks worth of restaurants as well.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Just had a play. :D

Told me sorry no availability at Crystal Palace for my random date and time but offered me Chef Mickeys or Whispering Canyon as alternatives. :D

3. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

Is there any way to link reservations we've already made into it so theyre all together in one place?

4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

It seems really good but I oculdn't fathom how to to the ADr +10 days. I have read elsewhere that this is not available. I'm hoping you can still call and will try on Saturday as want to do my first 10 days.

I like the way it gives you alternatives if first choice not available. Having a play last night it seems impossible to get a dinner ressie at Le Cellier in September :(

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

It is my understanding that the +10 option is not available, at least not yet, in the online system.

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The 90 + 10 is hit or miss. I was able to do it for myself and a client. Other TA's have reported they couldn't do it at all.

I could not get any availability online for Le Cellier. I still had to call about that one.

7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

johnie i have booked le cellier for the 29th july with the online booking so it must be hit and miss also

i tried to do a fantasmic package but it wont allow me

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Im finding it EXTRA slow...

Havent even been able to find the places I want... hahaha, I know, Im dumb, hahahaha

But Im just playing with it, Johnie did a PERFECT job for our Sept. trip :) We are very excited about getting everything we wanted! :)

9. 2ofUs

2ofUs Earning my ears

Once you are logged in as a registered user and on the dining page - how do you begin to book a reservation?

10. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Each of the listed restaurants where you can make ADR's will have a "Book a Reservation" button under the restaurant listing. Click on that and it will take you the "reservation system" page for that restaurant.

[​IMG]

Before you continue, if you have a resort reservation, be sure to tie your dining reservations to your resort reservation by clicking on the "retrieve your reservation" link in the section titled "Login or Register".
    Now you can choose the date, time, and number of people in your party. Once you've done that, click on the "Check Availability" button.

[​IMG]

This will give you a page where you can choose either a) the closest available time to your request at that restaurant or b) alternate restaurant possibilities for that same general time frame. Or you can modify your search request.

Fill in the "Security Check" box with the indicated words and click the "Add to Cart" button.

[​IMG]

You can add numerous ADR's to your cart and then "check out" all at once.

Hope this helps!

Tom :)macwave:... who managed to successfully navigate the online ADR system!)

11. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

good job tom :)

12. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Excellent Tom, can I use those graphics for our article on the main site? Much nicer than what I'd whipped up

Keith (who can't do nice graphics to save his life)

13. catrancher

Sure Keith, go ahead and help yourself. :thumbsup:

I've actually stored them in my Secrets photo gallery in case you just want to link to them. I setup an album to use for this kind of thing.

Tom :)macwave:... Grab and Photoshop Elements are your friends!)

14. 2ofUs

2ofUs Earning my ears

Wow! Thanks so very much for not only answering the question but for the wonderful illustrations. I have already registered and will be trying to make some reservations tonight - er - tomorrow morning around 3:00 a.m. I guess that is about the time they begin accepting them for the day on-line???

The most important we need are for Ohana, Jiko, and maybe Le Cellier if available. We may try to do Tokyo Dining and Flying Fish, but they may not be as hard to obtain. Since there are just 2 of us and we can be more flexible, we are hoping to be able to make changes over the next 3 months to fit our needs.

Once again KUNDOS to TOM for your helpfulness. Wish I could return the favor! I'll let you know how things turn out...

15. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

Is there anyway of retrieving your reservation details if you haven't booked the holiday direct with Disney? (Booked with Virgin Holidays)

I have registered on the site and can log in and see personal details but no holiday details.

I assume without this you won't be able to book online 90+10 days.

16. 2ofUs

2ofUs Earning my ears

The system associated my ressie (9/21-9/28/09) but will not let me book anything beyond 9/20/09? Any suggestions?

17. keith

I think you'll need your US booking number which virgin holidays should be able to find, whether they'll give it to you though I don't know :/ I guess they just book a whole block so you may not have a US disney reference for your holiday yet. Worth asking though

I had the same problem with my Disney UK booking number but once they gave me my US reference it was fine

18. keith

hmmm doesn't sound like it's really acknowledged it :( you're definitely logged in and have tried logging out and back in?

If not I think it's time to call. There've been a lot of reports that the 90+10 works for some people and not for others

19. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

Thanks Keith,

I have emailed Virgin, wait and see what happens.

20. catrancher

According to my calculations, your 90 day mark would be today (June 23rd). If your's works like mine did, my whole set of trip dates opened up for me at 6 AM on the morning of the 90th day before I was going. Put another way, all your reservation dates should open up for you at 6AM EST this morning.

Tom :)macwave:... table for 2? Right this way!)