1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

disney or vegas

Discussion in 'General' started by madhatter, Aug 16, 2008.

1. madhatter

madhatter Earning my ears

Hi all if you had to choose between a disney florida vacation or vegas which would you do and why? thanks :tongue0011-1:

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

mmmmmmm let me think about that............disney because there is no proper magic in Vegas

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I like them both but theyve very different.

I think I'd have four days in vegas and the rest in disney :lol:

Vegas is all glitzy, fast, showy and just a bit edgy but it also has some great shows, good food and it's definitely an experience.

If I actually had to choose one or the other, definitely Disney for me though :D

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Disneyworld without a doubt. :yes:

I do really want to go to Vegas but I think for me it would only be a one off trip whereas WDW I can visit again and again :D

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Really depends on who is going and for how long.

With children, for any length of time, Disney. Hands down. There is very little for children to do on the Las Vegas strip. There are numerous day trips, but they may or may not appeal to children.

Without children, Las Vegas is fun for four or five days and can be a good base to travel to other destinations. We tend to think of the Las Vegas strip as "Las Vegas," but it really isn't. There's a real community behind all of that glitz and glamour! :lol:

Keep in mind, a Las Vegas holiday is pretty much a la carte. Unlike Disney where everything is contained and a significant part of the entertainment is included in the ticket price, everything in Las Vegas is separate (occasionally a hotel special will include show tickets or some other offer). And if you don't like dealing with tips, don't visit Las Vegas. It is gratuity central! :lol:

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, I've not been to Las Vegas, and the traditional reasons for visiting there don't much interest me.

I would however, like to visit the Grand Canyon and the Sky Bridge, so I could be convinced to do that from a Las Vegas standpoint. I would like to see some of the resort hotels there and try some of the celebrity chef restaurants I've read about.

I'm not much for the Las Vegas type of show and gambling bores me senseless. :shrug:

I guess I'd try Las Vegas once, but I certainly haven't made much of an effort to do so! :lol:

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

You'll just have to make that effort on your next western US visit, won't you? ;)

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

:shrug: Maybe. :lol:

9. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Disney all the way!! Dh and I went to Vegas and I can tell you that we have a much better time in Disney! We saw Vegas and that was enough:shocked025:

10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I've never been to Vegas, though I was supposed to go in March 2009. However, since I won't be bowling this year I won't be going to Vegas. SOOOOOO I'll have to pick Disney. Would have done that anyway. :gy: