1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Paris worth it?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by eeyoreguy, Jul 31, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

wondering if those of us in the UK go to paris much while waiting for an orlando trip? is it a similar experience without the weather or will I be disappointed?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, we've been once a few years ago now and I'd rather save the money and go to Orlando :shrug:

I was really disappointed with Paris :( but I know some people love it. I guess if you've never been it's worth giving it a try to see if you like it.

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I love DLP it isnt WDW and doesn't pretend to be it has plenty of magic and plenty of brilliant rides I have been 10 or more times - you will only be truely dissapointed if you go expecting WDW. Deends on if you are a europhile or not

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've been disappointed with it too which is such a shame because it's so close for a disney fix. I'm going to give it another try sometime though

I suppose my main problems were yes, too high a level of expectation. It could never really be disney world orlando could it :) so when I experienced people smoking in the queues, CMs smoking and ignoring guests, it just didnt have that magic.

Then the resorts were so expensive! Of course, no benefit of US/UK exchange rate.

All in all, it seemed better to just save the money for Orlando

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I've never been. I have this whole problem with it being in France. :lol:

I'd rather save and wait to go to Orlando where there's more to do and a greater chance of some decent weather.

6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Because DH and I both dislike France etc we hadn't been until my DS persuaded us to go.
    We went in December, when the Christmas season was on in DLRP, so the cold weather just added to the wonderful atmosphere.
    We stayed at the DLH, so it wasn't like being in France at all. :lol:
    We had a totally brilliant time!

7. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

We have been once and it was OK. We priced up for this October half term as i soooooooooooooo need to get in a Christmas Disney shop . For 2 days it was going to be £700/800 for 5 of us. I think that is mad money. So funnily enough we are not going.