1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Parks' new Hidden Mickey Pins for 2012

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Wendy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Every year Disney produce a new series of Hidden Mickey pins and they will be available at Disney Parks very soon.

Every pin measures approximately 1.25 inches and contains a small Mickey Mouse icon in the art (hence the name). Julie Young, long-time developer of Disney pins was involved with the creation of this year's pins.

“My inspiration for this year’s collection came from a variety of sources,” explained Julie. “I looked at previous collections, listened to feedback from pin trading fans and found some really cool artwork. My goal was creating two unique pin collections that guests would enjoy trading for when visiting Disney Parks.”

Similar to the 2011 collection, there will be two different waves introduced at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. The first wave is due to arrive in late January, while the second wave will arrive later in the summer.

This year's series collections include:

Zodiac signs, which will be a shared series by Walt Disney World and Disneyland

zodiac-pins-both.jpg

Colourful sea creatures from The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction - Disneyland Resort

little-mermaid-disneyland.jpg

Coloured Paint Cans for - Walt Disney World Resort

paint-cans-wdw.jpg

The first wave of pins will be 30 unique pins for Disneyland Resort, 35 unique pins for Walt Disney World Resort and the 12 shared Zodiac pins.