1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Room requests?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Aug 6, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Hiya Im reading my disney guide book and its suggesting that we fax through room requests? Thing is there are no contact details in the book, how do we find where to fax and what can we ask for?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not positive, but I think WDW has tried to put a stop to that? :unsure: They will do their very best to accomodate your requests that you made when you placed the reservation?

If you ask again at the check in desk they will really bend over backwards to accomodate your requests. :yes:
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

They've stopped accepting faxed room requests because resorts were getting inundated with them and some people were getting demanding - "I want this specific room number and will create merry heck if you don't give it me" :(

Best thing is note any requests on your reservation or ask nicely at check in.
  4. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

:nono::nono:
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

When I booked through Virgin last year for POR I requested Magnolia Bend, at check in we were given Alligator Bayou, I asked if it was at all possible for us to have a room in MB and after a quick phone call we were allocated a fab room. It always pays to ask but i made it clear that I was quite happy to have AB if they couldn't get us into MB. :)
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s exactly the correct attitude to take. You can get away with a lot more in this life if you are polite and courteous instead of kicking up a fuss over issues like this.
  7. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

I would never ever demand stuff like that and don't forget if you kick up at check in like that you've most probably got to stay there for at least a few days you might get labelled 'the family who kicked up......':(