1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Scrapbook Store???

Discussion in 'Arts, Crafts & Scrapbooking' started by tdclark7125, Feb 15, 2009.

1. tdclark7125

tdclark7125 Earning my ears

I heard or read somewhere that there's a Disney scrapbook store in Downtown Disney. Anyone know if this is true, what it's called, and where it is?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It's not purely a scrapbook store, but it has plenty of disney related scrapbook items. It close to where the buses drop off in Marketplace. :D It's fantastic and I have bought plenty there.

3. tdclark7125

tdclark7125 Earning my ears

Great!!! Thank you. I hope to find something new and different.

I used the Mickey & Friends cricut cartridge for our Disneyland vacation and the pages were a lot of fun. I'll have to post photos of a couple of layouts. Sometimes I'm afraid that all my disney albums will start to look alike.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I'm not 100% but, I think this has turned into the Design a T/shirt store :unsure: I did see scrapbooking items at World of Disney and bits and pieces at other Disney shops.

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I just looked that up, i guess it has been reopened as the t-shirt place. That's just crazy to me....

But don't worry, you will be able to find plenty of scrapbook items througout WDW. The World of Disney has plenty, so do other stores. It's usually around the photo albums.

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

yes you will :yes: looking forward to seeing them :thumbsup:

are you is the US or UK?

7. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

I was going to ask where to buy scrapbook and craft supplies at Disney as well dont tell me the only shop has gone???

8. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

the shop had closed when we were there in November and i did struggle to find anything except stickers in world of disney but i did get loads of stuff at michaels on turkey lake road and also got an album at one of the disney outlet stores at prime outlets.
    ive got loads of scrapping stuff but havent done any lol still when we move i will have room to do it :)

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, the shop that used to carry the supplies in DTD is gone. :(

I don't do scrapbooks, so don't pay much attention to where you can purchase the supplies. However, I have seen some here and there in the outlet shops. :yes:

10. MoniShu527

MoniShu527 Earning my ears

We haven't been to WDW since 2005 and I am sad to hear the World Of Memories store is no longer there. I have found lots of great Disney scrapbook items at www.mousememories.com They also have so many themed items for all kinds of vacations, sports, etc. :eek:)

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

You can get some stuff in the parks, especially in places where you buy character pictures, they usually have albums and cardstock

12. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

an advocate of mouse memories here :thumbsup: step away from the link Julie :unsure:

13. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

me to problem is its all still in its wrapping looking at me :)

14. ilovemickeymost

ilovemickeymost Earning my ears

I found a very good shop @ MGM. Its a book/coffee shop. Sorry, I can't remember its name. Also, the resort gift shops have stuff. Animal Kingdom Lodge had a really good selection when we were there. Just a word of caution on their scrapbook products. I really don't like their albulms. I love the way they look, but not the mechanics of them. The page protectors don't have the seam on the left side. So, when you put your paper in, part of it is in the area of the post bound. When you go to open the page the paper is stuck in the post area & folds over. Anything I put close to this edge started popping off. I tried to find different page protectors, but the Disney albulms have their posts set in weird spacing. So, I haven't been able to find any. There is a weird powdery look to them, too. I had to wipe it off, but it seems to keep coming back. I now buy the Disney ones that are made by Sandylion instead. I love them. Also, I bought some stickers a couple years ago & just went to use them & they aren't sticky at all anymore. I'd suggest opening up the package before you buy. Hope this helps. I've heard its kinda hard to get scrapbook stuff in other parts of the world. Is that true????

15. Tx_Belle

Tx_Belle Earning my ears

The Writer's Stop. :yes: Love that place!

16. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Oh MAN....bummer.