1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

disney strollers

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by janetm, Aug 12, 2008.

1. janetm

janetm Earning my ears

Hi everyone :overhere: we were thinking of hiring disney strollers instead of taking our own but they look very hard in the photos? Are they really comfortable enough for the whole day?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They are hard, and they don't recline so the child has a hard time napping it them. I am the worst person to ask when it comes to the Disney strollers because I really dislike them. From the hardness to the questionable cleanliness of them, I avoided using them at all costs. If you don't want to bring your own along, you can purchase a very inexpensive umbrella style one at any number of shops here.

Disney even sells a pretty nice umbrella style for not much more than one days double stroller rental!

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I have never taken small children to WDW. But I have seen kids in those strollers and they look EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'm sure that hard plastic heats up easily too.

I'd buy the stroller they sell at Disney, stop at Wal-Mart and pick one up or bring your own.

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Another vote for *not* using them if you can avoid it...I've always traveled with my own and am convinced that whatever inconvenience I suffered was well worth having a comfortable spot for a tired child....

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Another thing I don't like about the WDW strollers is how low they are to the ground. I've seen more kids topple out on their heads. :( Toddlers will jump out, not realizing that they can get hurt, and some kiddos will drag their hands or feet and end up getting really hurt. :(

The stollers put the child's face at level with cigarettes dangling from smoker's hands too. :(

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

OOOOOOOOOOH TINK!!! That is SUCH a pet peeve of mine lately...we went to a concert the other night and I thought I was going to wind up in jail a couple of times!!! Apparently there are people who think it is just fine to push themselves through a crowd of people whilst smoking as long as their cigarette is held down beside their waist!! Don't they realize that's just about where my daughter's FACE is!?!!?!? There truly is a reason why there are designated smoking areas.

Um. Oops. Stepping down now...

Strollers. Yes...Saw one young child who was sort of dragging their hand along the pavement since they are quite low to the ground and another visitor rolled over it with *their* stroller. Very unhappy child that one.