1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney testing a talking Mickey

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by gwennie81, May 8, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I don't know about this...I think that the characters NOT talking is part of the charm.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After tourists visiting Disneyland posted their own video online, Disney revealed today that it is testing a new and improved Mickey Mouse: One that actually talks with guests.
    Disney says it is currently “playtesting” the technology – which gives Mickey a moving mouth and the ability to interact in real-time with children – in California, but the video already has fans buzzing about whether Disney will eventually expand the concept to other parks and other costumed characters. It’s possible that the concept is part of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ broad “next generation experience” technology initiative, a hush-hush project that former Disney execs say has a budget of close to $1.5 billion. (More on NextGen here).
    One interesting side note: Leading the talking Mickey project for Disney is Scott Trowbridge, a well-regarded theme-park attraction designer who Disney plucked from Universal Orlando in 2007. Trowbridge was credited with developing the hugely popular – and technologically groundbreaking – Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man dark ride at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park.
    Trowbridge is now head of advanced development for Walt Disney Imagineering.
    To watch Disney’s video of talking Mickey, click here. To watch the tourist video, click here.
  2. Clare-Swindlehurst

Clare-Swindlehurst Earning my ears

I'm not sure about this one - might be a bit freaky. Although extra interaction is always nice with the characters. Has anyone come across the talking Mickey at DL yet?
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I love the idea!
  4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

For one of the shows infront of the castle they had a mickey with a moving mouth. Or did I dream it.
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Not dreaming :lol:
    Characters with moving mouths and blinking eyes have been around for a while now.
  6. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

talking mickey looks fab i think it really adds to the interaction......