1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney to buy UK tv network ITV ?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Reports from London state that Disney is looking to expand their presence in the United Kingdom.

Of interest to the London media is the purchase of Britian's "ITV" network. When Bob Iger, Disney's Chief Executive, was questioned regarding this potential acquisition he commented "Hasn't everyone looked at ITV?"

Previously, ITV fended off a purchase 2006 offer but its current 45% drop in stock value has again fueled rumors of a takeover.

Bloomberg has reported that Disney considers the United Kingdom as a "primary market." Disney has confirmed that they are seeking new markets in the UK.
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Is this viewed as a good or bad thing?
  3. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I don't think it'll have much effect. Except if they start showing HSM. THEN I'll think of it as a bad thing.