Disney to Consider Charging for Parking at Downtown Disney and Resort Hotels

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by Wendy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Administrator

It has come to light from an internal letter that Disney are considering charging for parking at the new Downtown Disney complex and at Resort hotels. It says that in order to raise revenue to pay for additional FastPass+ features the charges are needed.

This is a move that will be unpopular with Guests!

2. Vikki

Vikki Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this is an April fool ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    oh I hate april fools :( a whole day of not knowing if anything I read is true or not. I'm just going to stay home, turn everything off and read a book instead I think

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Administrator

I am so rubbish at April Fool's pranks lol:

5. Vikki

Vikki Well-Known Member

At least you tried :)

A local newspaper said that our copy of the Magna Carta in Lincoln had been stolen, now that it so not funny!

6. Vikki

Vikki Well-Known Member

It's only till midday at least.

7. keith

Home Page:
  8. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Dogs Trust are advertising for people to dress up as cats to test dog compatibility with cats before rehoming them. :lol:

9. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

this was my favourite... poor Caitlin thought that she was going to be attending Daniel's graduation with Zayn there... lol

[h=1]UNIVERSITY OF BRADFORD ANNOUNCE ZAYN MALIK AS NEW CHANCELLOR[/h]Published: Wed 1 Apr 2015

Following a campaign by members of the Students¿ Union, former member of pop band One Direction Zayn Malik, who was born in Bradford, is to be announced today as the new Chancellor to replace Imran Khan who left last year.
    The departure of Malik, 22, from One Direction’s most recent tour allowed this campaign to be successful, with the singer now back in the UK. He will balance his responsibilities as University of Bradford Chancellor with recording his solo material with producer Naughty Boy and responding to hundreds of tweets every minute from teenage fans upset at his exit from the band, who formed in 2010 on the back of ITV show ‘The X Factor’.
    A University of Bradford spokesman had this to say about Zayn Malik’s appointment: “I knew when we got into April, first thing we wanted to do was finally confirm a new Chancellor to fill that gap, and as we are all huge fans of the boy band we could not think of anyone more suitable than Zayn Malik. We have only just recently got back from seeing the group on their most recent tour and it will be a great pleasure to welcome one of the geniuses behind such eternal classics as ‘Steal My Girl’, ‘Kiss You’ and ‘Midnight Memories’ onto campus.
    “The senior management team has always said that, one way or another, we would secure him as the new Chancellor. We said to Zayn in a recent meeting it’s gotta be you, and here’s nothing that we want more than this. You & I will make a great partnership at the Graduation Ceremonies and if there’s one thing we’ve learnt it’s the little things that make such ventures better.â€￾
    Alongside his appointment as Chancellor there will be further aspects to the deal between the University of Bradford and the Bradford-born singer. The management area of the Richmond Building will be changed from the D-Floor to the 1D-Floor, Gallery II will host a six-month long retrospective of the band’s career, and the university will implement a ‘one direction’ traffic system to deal with the expected increase in interest around graduation time. The Students’ Union is also on board with the venture, with One Direction set to perform each night of freshers’ week in September and RamAir radio removing all songs not by the boy-band from their system.
    University of Bradford press officer April Fuller confirmed the University’s delight at the developments. “With Zayn Malik as our new Chancellor, we will see a much bigger recruitment drive into some of our courses, especially Hair and Beauty (renamed: What Makes You Beautiful); Modern History (renamed: Story of my Life) and Pediatric Care (renamed: Live While We’re Young). It’s going to be an exciting few months and I can’t wait to be fighting off young teenagers clogging up all the entrances to the University, something the security team personally can’t wait for either.â€￾

10. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

When I first started to read this I thought, "Well that will be great as long as they don't charge resort guests". Then I read the rest and realized it had to be a joke. I do think that they should charge for DTD though. That would certainly deter those who park there and find some way to get to the parks.

11. BevW

BevW New Member

Former Disney Castmember!

This is SO true John! When we were there in October, the parking lot was CRAMMED full, but it didn't bother me because we took the shuttle. :)

12. robertcraig

robertcraig Well-Known Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I hope it does not give them ideas

13. keith

Home Page:
    yeah I agree Robert! They nickle and dime us to death as it is, let's not encourage any more charges

14. robertcraig

robertcraig Well-Known Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    most of the off site hotel charge for parking

15. keith

Home Page:
    yeah and I find that objectionable too! They earn the money from the rooms, it's terrible to then charge people more to park the vehicle that lets them get there! madness.

Especially mad for places like downtown which need to encourage people to get there to spend money in shops and restaurants. The only way I think they could do it would be to have shops/restaurants etc. validate the ticket

16. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Was speaking to a CM friend about charging for parking at DTD, even though I know this thread was started as an April Fool's joke. My CM friend pointed out that no gates had been installed and that would have to be the case for parking. Now, they could always backtrack and do that, but the construction of the garage is far enough along to believe that isn't going to be the case.

17. keith

Home Page:
    good point!

....unless they come up with a Disney Ezpass system or something but yeah it seems unlikely they're going to charge at the moment. phew!

Is the new multistory all open now? what's DTD like to get to/get around at the moment? given it was a building site last november when I was there?