1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney to Release "Temple Run: Brave" for IOS and Android

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Wendy, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disney Mobile announced its newest mobile game on Monday--Temple Run: Brave, for both iOS and Android. For this release, the company teamed up with indie game developer Imangi Studios to make a new version of an already successful, non-Disney game, but with a Disney heroine and Pixar-quality graphics. And its release is conveniently tied with the release of Brave as well.

brave-1.jpg

Temple Run: Brave isn't simply Temple Run with a new skin--it's a reimagined version designed to be an accompaniment to the original. If you've played Temple Run before, you'll have no problem getting used to Temple Run: Brave (and if you haven't, there's a handy tutorial that you can switch off and on). The game has continuous gameplay, and a pretty simple objective--Merida is running away from a demon bear named Mordu, and you help her avoid obstacles by taking sharp turns, making steep jumps, and sliding under fallen landscape. Swipe to the left or right to make her turn, swipe up to jump, or swipe down to slide. Collect coins along the way to level up and unlock power-ups.

brave-2.jpg

One new feature found in Temple Run: Brave that's not in the original is an archery game. As Merida runs, she'll pass a series of targets--tap a spot on the touchscreen, and Merida will shoot arrows at each target. Hitting these will earn more points. Players also collect pieces of Merida's tapestry to reveal part of the Brave story.

brave-3.jpg

Temple Run: Brave will be available for download on the 14th June.

[video=youtube;aQ22AAGPzOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ22AAGPzOs&hd=1[/video]​
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i love Temple run! still sulking that Brave not out until August here!
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Loooooove Temple Run! Will definitely give this a try!
  4. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Jordan loves Temple Run, so I put this on my Nexus as a surprise. He really likes it. It has extra features and fun upgrades...he's constantly snitching my tablet to play.:yes: