1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Vacation Club introduction to the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by GoofyMac, Mar 10, 2012.

1. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

Here we go. 69 days left before we are at Walt Disney World. To say that we cant wait is an understatement. It will definitely be a change from being in Afghanistan and much more comfortable.

We are going to be staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. I wanted to stay in a Deluxe hotel and since we made the decision to become members of the Disney Vacation Club I liked the idea of staying in a one bedroom suite especially after our last trip with my wife's parents. On that trip we were in a Family Suite at the All Star Music Resort.

We loved it and told ourselves that even if we didn't have the added two people we would get similar accommodations for the three of us Myself, my Wife, and our Daughter) next time. The separate bedroom and the extra bathroom made things much more convenient. We used the refrigerator, microwave, coffeepot, and sink quite a lot. The addition of a full kitchen would be great as we missed breakfast a couple of days. The ability to use the full kitchen to cook a quick breakfast is great. Add to that the full size coffee pot and we have nearly everything we need.

We are interested in making Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa our home resort when we do become members of the Disney Vacation Club early next year. This also serves as a great introduction to the DVC with regards to the resort and its amenities that we can expect to take advantage of.

We are very excited and looking forward to this vacation greatly. I want to make this the Vacation of our dreams as much as I can afford to do so.

Our typical Disney trip routine is that we leave the night before our vacation is to start driving from Atlanta to Walt Disney World after my wife gets off work. This usually puts us at or near the property at 12 - 1am. We then check into the Holiday Inn Resort (formerly the Sunspree) for some much needed rest for the day to come. Our daughter obviously is quite restless and finds it hard to sleep at this point because she is so excited. I just want to relax knowing that the next day is the beginning of a wonderful week to come. We generally don't like to rush things during our Disney trips, we find that if we do we end up getting more stressed and we don't enjoy ourselves as much as we should.

My wife and I decided that we would always stay on property after our first family trip when we were on the Adults only Disney trip the following month. Yes we had the dang we miss our daughter moments while we were on that trip. We tend to schedule our days around the extra magic hours according to which park is open late that night. We Absolutely LOVE Disney at night especially EPCOT and the World Showcase. the sights walking around the world showcase late at night when the park empties is pure wonder.

We are definitely looking forward to our trip. I am looking forward to getting home and being with my family for a little while.

Goofymac

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You have certainly done your homework :D I think it's a fantastic idea to stay at SSR so that you can get the feel of the resort and of the DVC benefits :yes:

I don't blame your little girl for being restless, it would be a nightmare for me, being so close but not close enough to be there :lol:

Are you able to get an early check in at SSR or do you go to one of the parks until you can check in?

I've just thought, have you started to make any dining reservations yet :unsure: or do you just eat where and when you can or in your apartment.

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

well one bedrooms are definitely the way to go if you like your space! I know we'd be arguing if we didn't have it, I like to have somewhere to wash cups and glasses etc

The 2nd time we went to WDW was in Dec 2001 and DH had been back and forth to Afghanistan. I still maintain that that was the best holiday we've had as a family, WDW has the ability to make you forget about all the bad things. Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:

4. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

Truth be told I get a bit restless. with every coming day I get more and more excited. I think well kind of surprise Our daughter with the trip. Maybe have the room decorated for her birthday on her birthday or something. Give the reservation package to her as a gift. Though I already promised her a trip to Walt Disney World when I come home.

We usually wake up from the Holiday Inn and head over to the resort and check in, in no real rush but excited to officially get our Disney vacation started. If the room isn't ready we just leave our bags in the car and get some breakfast / Lunch. We usually start our vacation with lunch / Dinner at Big River at the Boardwalk. Spending the evening at the Magic Kingdom.

Most of the time we play it by ear as the trip goes along. If we do make dinner reservations we usually go with what is open for the night. I am not a Huge fan of taking a child into nice restaurants (I know Walt Disney World is stellar about catering to them) We do want to eat at the Brown Derby again. With a child plans can and most often do change. We normally schedule our days around the Extra magic hours according to which park is open late. We will definitely be eating at the Rose and Crown, Germany Pavilion and others at the World Showcase. We absolutely LOVE the Disney Dining Plan.

GoofyMac

5. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

Given that it will be R&R and I wouldn't have been home the separate bedroom and Jacuzzi tub is an amenity that will be a necessity for obvious reasons. Besides that Mommy and Daddy like their privacy again for obvious reasons.

GoofyMac

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday planned. I like your philosophy on dining. I find ADRs for all meals very restrictive, far preferring to dine as mood dictates. Sometimes though, that means you aren't dining in your place of choice. :shrug:

Hope all is well with you. Stay safe.

7. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/disneyfloralandgifts/pages/birthdaywishes/display

I am thinking about doing something like this for my daughters Birthday. She is still a bit Star Struck when it comes to the Characters so we aren't going to do a Character breakfast at this time. I'd like to do something special for her if I can afford to.

I am going to be gone from home for long periods of time and want her to know that I love her and want to do special things for her when I come home. I hope like I dont sound like the father who spoils his only daughter. I probably do but I cant help it. She is after all my little Princess.

Thanks Again,

GoofyMac

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh my goodness, I would think she will be so excited to have this waiting for her :yes:

You sound like a wonderful Daddy to me :hug2: after all to us girls, no matter how old we are, our Dads spoil us and they are always our heroes.

I hope you can arrange it :)

9. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

We will see. I think it will be a great surprise for her. I am just hoping to make it special.

Goofymac

10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sounds like you are well on your way to a magical holiday!! I remember when we used to make the drive to Disney from Texas and often drive after work hours which would put our arrival time in the wee hours of the morning. Convenient with children as they sleep most of the way there, but not so convenient when you arrive and they are ready to rock and roll and you just want to catch a few winks. I recall several times "bribing" them to rest for a couple of hours with the promise of a swim (their favorite thing at the time) afterwards. They would only acquiesce if we allowed them to "rest" in their swimsuits :)

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!