1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Wonder Sails Inaugural Trip to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 6, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Mickey-Mouse-DCL.jpg

As the Disney Wonder sails on its historic trip to Hawai’i, the ship will call on multiple ports for the first time. Keeping with maritime tradition, Captain Fabian Dib will join shipboard officers and host local port officials and community leaders aboard the vessel for a traditional plaque exchange ceremony in the following ports:

• Friday, May 4 – Hilo, Hawai’i

• Saturday, May 5 – Kahului, Maui

• Sunday, May 6 – Honolulu, O’ahu

• Monday, May 7 – Nawiliwili, Kaua’i

“Bringing the Disney Wonder to the beautiful Hawaiian Islands marks a significant milestone in our history,” said Karl Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “Blending the enchantment of Hawai’i with the magic of Disney is a natural fit. Hawai’i is one of the world’s most extraordinary vacation destinations, offering stunning scenery as well as rich cultural traditions and storytelling.”

Crew members and ship officials will bring a little Disney magic to the local communities in each port as a way of celebrating this monumental occasion. These events not only mark the first call of the Disney Wonder to these ports, but the first time Disney Cruise Line is sailing to the Hawaiian Islands. Due to the overwhelming popularity of Disney’s first Hawaiian cruise, the Disney Wonder will sail a second voyage in October.

The ship will sail seven-night itineraries to Alaska from Seattle, Wash. this summer before heading back to Los Angeles, Calif. to sail seven-night itineraries to the Mexican Riviera in the fall. At the end of the year, the Disney Wonder will reposition to Miami, marking the first time a Disney Cruise Line ship will sail out of Southern Florida.