1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney World raises Ticket Prices - August 2nd 2009

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

STOP PRESS! Buy tickets NOW to lock in the cheaper prices!!!!
    Best ticket prices available here: Discount Disney World Tickets - Cheap Orlando Disney Tickets

Beginning Sunday, Disney will increase the base price of a one-day, one-park ticket to $79 -- up $4, or 5.3 percent. The price of a similar ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will climb $5, or 7.9 percent, to $68.

Prices for the resort's more popular multiday-ticket packages will also rise, climbing between 2.6 percent and 4.7 percent. In keeping with Disney's strategy of driving guests toward extra days in its parks -- rather than those operated by rivals Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando -- the smallest increases are reserved for tickets good for four or more days.

What's more, Disney will raise the price of adding a "Park Hopper" feature to any ticket -- which allows a customer to visit multiple Disney parks in one day -- to $52, up from $50. The price of adding a "Water Park Fun & More" feature, which allows admission to secondary venues such as water parks and DisneyQuest, will also rise to $52 from $50.

For example, the price of a five-day park-hopper -- which analysts say is among Disney's most frequently purchased ticket options -- will rise 2.9 percent to $280.

Disney's price increase could be a precursor to similar announcements by Universal and SeaWorld, because the three theme-park resorts have historically raised prices in concert with each other.
  2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I am not happy about this . They give us with one hand and take away by raising ticket prices with the other . Makes no sense to me !!! But thanks for sharing the info eeyore .
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Don't they make enough money? I mean really???