1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Disney World raises Ticket Prices - August 2nd 2009

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

STOP PRESS! Buy tickets NOW to lock in the cheaper prices!!!!
    Best ticket prices available here: Discount Disney World Tickets - Cheap Orlando Disney Tickets

Beginning Sunday, Disney will increase the base price of a one-day, one-park ticket to $79 -- up $4, or 5.3 percent. The price of a similar ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will climb $5, or 7.9 percent, to $68.

Prices for the resort's more popular multiday-ticket packages will also rise, climbing between 2.6 percent and 4.7 percent. In keeping with Disney's strategy of driving guests toward extra days in its parks -- rather than those operated by rivals Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando -- the smallest increases are reserved for tickets good for four or more days.

What's more, Disney will raise the price of adding a "Park Hopper" feature to any ticket -- which allows a customer to visit multiple Disney parks in one day -- to $52, up from $50. The price of adding a "Water Park Fun & More" feature, which allows admission to secondary venues such as water parks and DisneyQuest, will also rise to $52 from $50.

For example, the price of a five-day park-hopper -- which analysts say is among Disney's most frequently purchased ticket options -- will rise 2.9 percent to $280.

Disney's price increase could be a precursor to similar announcements by Universal and SeaWorld, because the three theme-park resorts have historically raised prices in concert with each other.

2. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

I am not happy about this . They give us with one hand and take away by raising ticket prices with the other . Makes no sense to me !!! But thanks for sharing the info eeyore .

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Don't they make enough money? I mean really???