1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

disney world tips and secrets 2011

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by luvthemansion, Mar 5, 2011.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

Have you guys got any new tips or secrets for a 2011 disney world trip? Im reading everything I can do for this next special trip and there must be new places to try , the last time we were there was 2007

ps you guys should turn this forum into a book, I'd buy it for sure :worship:

2. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi, if youre looking for hidden secrets there is a book out by Susan Vaness called "the hidden magic of walt Disney world" which is full of little hidden secrets around wdw
    :)

3. momofrrr

momofrrr Earning my ears

love that book. I used it to make a countdown once we got inside the 90 day window. My kids are too old to enjoy a countdown chain so I am sending an email everyday with a new fact. They are loving it.

4. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

The biggest secret to Walt Disney World is really no secret at all. It is Discovery. There is nothing better than exploring Disney World and Discovering a new secret or something you never noticed before. Every trip and every day is a new discovery it constantly amazes me how special i feel when I am there. It amazes me that the Disney Cast members can and do make every day special. It is Amazing that I turn into a kid again when I am there.

The best thing is seeing my 5 year old daughter experience something new with every trip. It is amazing to see her excitement and love for the place just like us. When the magic spills over she smiles and her eyes shine when she sees Tinkerbell fly and Mickey Mouse in the parades. When she gets star struck meeting him in person. I still get star struck when I meet Goofy and I'm a 40 year old Infantryman.

These are all the secrets behind Walt Disney World and many many more. The Spirit of Walt Disney is truly there. Experiencing it is the biggest secret to discover.

Goofymac

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I agree Goofeymac :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

One of the beauties, and strengths of WDW is that the Magic ebbs and flows for each individual. You will find events, things, instances that make your holiday beautiful and memorable. Those very same things may not even be noticed by another person!

It's rather like the resorts there. WDW has something for everyone. If you don't like PoP, All Stars may be for you. If you aren't a fan of Boardwalk Inn/Villas, maybe you'll love Kidani Village.

For us, an important contributor to the experience of Disney Magic are the little things, the incredible attention to detail. You'll hear some of us "old timers" advise you to "slow down" try to take it all in. There is much talk about doing the parks, "commando" but that seems to imply to me that you rush from one event to another and don't savor the getting there.

Did you hear the talking trash can? Did you see the special plantings in that garden there? Did you let your little one play with the water fountain? Whatever those little moments are that work for you and your family. They are the threads that hold the fabric together.