1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund Supporting Orphaned Gorrillas in Africa

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund (DWCF) has given more than $2 million to support conservation projects that protect primates. And the DWCF and Disney’s Animals Programs teamed up with the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International and several Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited facilities (the Dallas, Denver and Houston zoos) to build and operate GRACE (Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center) in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa.

baby-gorilla.jpg

The GRACE facility is where baby gorillas orphaned through poaching can be rehabilitated for eventual reintroduction to the wild and currently is home to 12 orphaned gorillas, with 3 more arriving soon.

[video=youtube;R619NJLhB3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R619NJLhB3k&hd=1[/video]​

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If I could be anything I wanted to be, I'd do this for a living. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too old for these sorts of adventures. :sigh:

3. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Me too. :yes: