1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disneyland honors Alice Davis with a Main Street window at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disney announced on Monday, during a special event at Club 33 inside Disneyland park, that Alice Davis will be honored with her own window on Main Street USA on the 10th May.

Alice Davis is well known for her costume design work and has styled some of the most beloved characters at Disney Parks – including those found in the classic attractions, “it’s a small world” and Pirates of the Caribbean. She first designed costumes for the Walt Disney Studios during the production of “Sleeping Beauty.” It was common for animators to use live-action footage as reference – it helped them to see how the actors, fabrics, hair and other elements moved.

alice-davis.jpg

She continued to design costumes for the Walt Disney Studios until 1963, when she undertook a costuming project that would go on to become one of the most famous theme park attractions in the world. Along with fellow Disney Legend Mary Blair, Alice supervised the creation of more than 150 costumes for “it’s a small world,” helping to bring to life the iconic dolls who would sing the unforgettable theme song.

small-world-dolls.jpg

Alice Davis was inducted in 2004 as a Disney Legend, an award given by the company.

The last window dedication was for the Sherman brothers, the songwriting duo who wrote about 150 songs for Disney.
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I had no idea who she was

Thank you for this :)

I think its fantastic that shes getting her own window!
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I know I've banged on about it before but Lisa and I spent a whole afternoon with her and her husband the now late Marc ( google him he truely was a legend ) between them they have been responsible for an awful lot of magic.

A nicer lady you couldn't hope to meet. One of the most magical days we have had.