1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disneyland Paris Ticket Prices Expected to Increase Dramatically

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Ticket prices at Disneyland Paris are expected to soar after President Nicolas Sarkozy last week announced a huge increase in the sales tax paid by the sector.

His announcement comes at a crucial time for operator Euro Disney, as it is hoping to attract bumper crowds next year for the 20th anniversary of its Paris theme park.

The increase will push up sales tax on French theme parks from 5.5 per cent to 19.6 per cent. It is part of a package of measures designed to reduce the country’s deficit and help it retain its valuable AAA credit rating.

The deficit is pr ojected to fall from 7.1 per cent to 5.7 per cent by the end of 2011, thanks to measures that are due to raise €12 billion (£10.6 billion) over the next two years. They also include tax increases on high earners, alcohol, tobacco and sugared drinks.

Disneyland Paris attracted 15 million visitors last year, making it Europe’s most-visited theme park. Its prices are already regarded as high – a two-day adult ticket costs £108 compared with £40 at Staffordshire’s AltonTowers, Britain’s most-visited theme park.

Disneyland Paris notched up a five per cent increase in attendance in the nine months to June.

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

That could put a HUGE crunch on visitors

3. chief

chief Earning my ears

i cant see that helping at all.
    a few years back we were going to go to dlp but decided it was too expensive for just a couple of days break, that was when we decided to go to wdw for the first time. [last easter]
    if it will be even more expensive, no chance!!:thumbsdown:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well at least no one can blame Disney for this price increase.

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I am sure that I read somewhere that it does not hit Disneyland Paris until 2013 or something as Disney already include the tax and likely to absorb the increase etc

Dont quote me though....