1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disneynature's Bears

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Get ready to go "awww"

Disneynature's upcoming true life adventure Bears follows a trio of brown bears, a mother and her two young cubs, over a year as they emerge from hibernation and go about surviving in the scenic Alaskan wilderness. Set against a majestic Alaskan backdrop teeming with life, their journey begins as winter comes to an end and the bears emerge from hibernation to face the bitter cold. The world outside is exciting, but risky, as the cubs' playful descent down the mountain carries with it a looming threat of avalanches. As the season changes from spring to summer, the brown bears must work hard to find food, ultimately feasting at a plentiful salmon run, while staying safe from rival male bears and predators, including an ever-present wolf pack.

The first trailer for the film that tracks the lives of mama bear Sky and her two new born cubs and is set to the song "Home" by American Idol alum Philip Phillips, the trailer is heavy on familial bonds, sure to entice nature lovers -- and parents -- everywhere.

Bears comes to theatres for Earth Day on the 18th April 2014. The film is directed by Keith Scholey, Alastair Fothergill.

[video=youtube_share;GokpSaWswaQ]http://youtu.be/GokpSaWswaQ[/video]​
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Fabulous. I LOVE bears.
  3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

OMG i've got to see that, hope nothing awful happens 'cos then I'll cry
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm with you piglet. I had to stop watching animal and nature shows because of the predation. I'm a serious wimp when it comes to that stuff.