1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney's All Star Music Resort - The Complete Guide

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Wendy, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

all-star-music2.jpg

Disney’s All Star Music Resort is a Disney Value Resort at Walt Disney World.

It’s address and telephone number are:

1801 W. Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista
    FL

Phone: 407-939-6000

The All Star Music is a family friendly resort that is close to the 2 other Disney's All Star Resorts. Resort guests can take advantage of Transportation to and from Disney's All Star Resort.

There are 1,920 Guest Rooms located in 10 music themed low rise buildings with exterior corridors.

The Standard Guest Rooms can accommodate a maximum of 4, plus a child under the age of 3 who sleeps in a crib. King Bed Rooms can also accommodate a maximum of 4, plus a child under the age of 3 who sleeps in a crib.

music-room-layout.jpg

There are also 192 Family Suites which can accommodate a maximum of 6 plus a child under the age of 3 who sleeps in a crib.

All Guest Rooms include air conditioning, televisions, and clock radios. There is also complimentary wireless Internet access and phones with voice mail. Bathrooms provide hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. All guestrooms are non-smoking.

There is also the choice of standard location are rooms located throughout the resort or preferred location which are close to the pools.

There are 2 pools at the resort, the Calypso Pool which is the main pool and shaped like a guitar and the Piano Pool which is shaped like a piano. Pool hours are from 8am until midnight.

The theme at the Resort is all about music and Guests will see 40 foot guitars, maracas, a giant Jukebox, a drum kit and saxophones. There are 5 music themed sections:

Country Fair which is all about country music

Broadway Hotel is all about show tunes

Jazz Inn which is all about Jazz Music.

Rock Inn which is all about rock music.

Calypso which is all about Island Music.

all-star-music-layout.jpg

Complimentary bus service transports guests throughout the Walt Disney World Resort area:

Help others by sharing your experiences at All Star Music Resort, have you stayed there, what do you like or dislike, would you stay there again. Anything at all you would like to share and please feel free to add photos.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Re: Disney's All Star Music Resort Facts and Information

I can't really add much to that as I haven't been. It is somewhere where we are thinking about going as it is one of the cheaper sites on property.

I have noticed that when I am waiting for transport back to my hotel the All Star Music resort bus always seems very full. I'm not sure if this is down to the amount of people staying there or if there are less buses, but it is something I have noticed a lot of recent visits.

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I've stayed at Music twice and booked through Disney US. It's usually the one that gives good rates as of the 3 all stars it's the least popular. I can see why but i think it offers good value for money and is well themed. Rooms are basic but comfortable and if you're out all day then that's all you need sometimes. Pools are good. We did use the bar once and think we got a cocktail there which was very nice. I don't have any photos i'm afraid around the resort.

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We stayed at the Music before they had the family suite, so I can only comment on the regular rooms.

We were in the Calypso building which is right near the main pool.

We very much liked the Resort. Having also stayed at the Movies, I don't really see much of a difference. The music does seem a little less popular, but that makes for a slightly smaller crowd around the resort. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we were more than happy with the food they were offering. The main pool is fairly large, so it never seemed over crowded and there didn't seem to be a huge wait to get on the buses (this was in October). Not too much else I can add. We found that the All Star rooms with a family of 4 (kids were 4 and 2) are perfect. They have enough room for everyone to move around and save you a ton of money that you can be using in the parks :D

When we stayed at the AS Movies we still had a film camera (gasp!), so I don't have any easily accessible pictures, but I can scan some in if I get a few minutes :wink:

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We've only stayed at All Star Movies once. Personally I don't understand why it is more expensive than the other All Stars. It is probably my least favorite of the three.

6. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I have stayed at Music, Movies and Pop amongst the values and Music is by far my favourite. I dont know if it is smaller than the others, is it?It seems that way. We loved the theming and the Calypso Music just seemed to set the mood. It seemed far less busy than Movies which my two didnt like at all. It was a very relaxed stay and I would go back to it in a flash. We stayed in the Jazz building which is just a few minutes walk from the QS restaurant and reception and the kids loved the piano pool.

Mags