1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Will Open in Phases Starting May 31

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Walt Disney World Resort and Walt Disney Imagineering have announced the projected opening dates for Walt Disney World’s new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will debut in phases beginning May 31, 2012.

The current opening timetable has the “Finding Nemo” wing opening May 31, the “Cars” wing in late July, and “The Lion King” wing in late September. The final wing, themed after “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in late 2012.

Located near Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the new resort will offer 1,120 family suites (including a bedroom and living room) themed after “The Lion King,” “Cars” and “Finding Nemo” animated films, as well as 864 guest rooms inspired by “The Little Mermaid.”

Although the resort is still several months away from opening, it’s already set to break records by planning the largest swimming pool at the Walt Disney World Resort (aside from our water parks). This pool will be located in the “Finding Nemo” wing, and will measure 11,859 square feet. The resort also will feature two other pools and a children’s water play area.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be a “value” category of lodging, with nightly rates similar to Disney’s All-Star Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort.

[video=youtube;IHIP3SnJHD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHIP3SnJHD4&hd=1[/video]​

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i want to stay in all of these :yes: this to me is what makes a disney resort.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I wonder if this is the site originally planned for the earlier decades of Pop Century?

At any rate, a new resort is nice, but I do wonder if the timing is good? The longer the economy is stagnant (at least here) the less disposable income there is.

I know for us, the rising prices and salaries that don't keep pace, means that the "fun" stuff goes first. :sigh: