1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney's Contemporary Resort cancels Health and Wellness Suites

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Walt Disney World has announced that it no longer plans to convert the 14th floor of the Contemporary Resort into "health and wellness suites."

Disney announced the coming of the suites in April, when it said they were to have personal cardio equipment and massage tables built in. The suites were scheduled to open last month, as part of a growing movement resort-wide to introduce themed rooms, such as the pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach and the princess rooms coming to Port Orleans Riverside.

A major renovation will still take place at the Contemporary, but will now begin in early 2013. The hotel's roof will be redone, as well as improvements on the California Grill restaurant. At the same time, the 14th floor will still be renovated, but on a smaller scale, making the suites similar to suites at Disney's other deluxe hotels. The suites may still contain some features from the original plan, such as the bamboo floors and low-allergen mattresses, but will no longer contain the private exercise equipment.

Disney hasn't commented on what led to the change in plans, but company spokesman Bryan Malenius said, "We look at new ideas and concepts all of the time. It's not unusual for changes to be made on major construction projects such as the Contemporary suite renovations." The renovated suites may open by the summer of 2012.
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I didnt even know about these suites, but honestly, i think the made the right call not toinvest in that... but exercise it so not my friend that I could be totally wrong in my assesment ;)