1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney's Hollywood Studios Cars Land and Star Wars Land Rumors

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The rumors are going round again, but this time it seems that according to Theme Park Insider they seem to think that George Kalogridis and his team have been given the green light for a project to remake Disney's Hollywood Studios on a scale similar to what Disney just finished at California Adventure.

It is expected at the D23 Convention in August that Disney will announce that they are moving ahead with both Cars Land and Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, with the project completed by 2018.

Cars Land could replace the Lights, Motors, Action as well as Catastrophe Canyon on the southern edge of the park, providing a logical extension to the existing Pixar Place or it could be located behind the current Pixar section which will add to the Pixar theme and leave room for new Pixar based attractions to open up in that area.

Star Wars Land could be placed in the area between Star Tours and Lights, Motors, Action and include the Muppet Theater and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area. There is also another option of going in the opposite direction, which would place the new land on the site of the Backlot Express restaurant and Indiana Jones stunt show theater.

Disney must be considering a Star Wars Land as well because I have received 2 surveys from Disney with regard to Star Wars Land, restaurants, settings, characters etc.

These are both rumours for the time being and I guess we will have to wait until August to see if they are true.

Would you like to see this expansion and would it make you visit Hollywood Studios more?

2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

It'd make me more excited about the park, as at the moment it's definately my least favourite. Star Wars doesn't interest me that much but I know DH and Ben would love it. Cars Land really appeals though, especially if it's as amazing as the one in California :)

No rumors on Avatar then? ;)

3. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

I wish Disney would just get on and do it now. We have all known it was coming. 5 years to do it though?
    I think the park definitely needs something, it is a park that has a little bit for everyone but because it has tried to hit every demographic I was struggling to justify more than half a day here for this trip, infancy the only thing that is getting me back for a second half day is the villains Friday 13th event.
    It amazes me why they have to survey people in Star Wars, seriously take your puck if any forum/podcast/blog and all everyone seems to be asking for us Star Wars land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

That's still supposed to be going ahead at Animal Kingdom :shrug: but who knows.

5. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I will be sad to see muppets go. Given that they are making another muppets I would have thought It would be better to upgrade the muppet show.

Perhaps they still could and wouldn't lose any sleep if Indian jones did go.

Im getting a bit annoyed that Disney keep putting the same things in all parks. Why not do something different?

For that reason I'd rather not see a cars land.

6. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Much as I love DHS, there are certain things that don't appeal. One of them is Catastrophe Canyon and Lights, Motor, Action. The Muppets we love and the Great Movie Ride but they are in dire need of an overhaul. 'More' Pixar would certainly appeal and bringing back a parade would seal it for us. I don't know what they were thinking about taking away the Stars and Motor Cars Parade.
    As for visiting it more often, that wouldnt be possible as we spend most of our time there already. :lol:

Mags

7. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Would love to see a cars land there I'm not a fan of Star Wars so am no fussed over this either way.

:wiggle:

8. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm not excited about a "Cars Land". As a franchise, "Cars" just doesn't do anything for me. I would be sad to see Catastrophe Canyon go; the Back Lot Tour is one of our must-do's each trip.

That being said, I would love to see a larger Star Wars themed area. I love Star Wars and have often thought more could be done in the parks to encompass Star Wars, but I would be heartbroken to say goodbye to the Muppets! :( Ok, get rid of Indiana Jones and the stunt cars thing, but leave me my Muppets and my Back Lot!!

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well, I've said it before, I would LOVE to see a Cars Land. Having seen the layout at AoA I think a Cars Land would go over big at DHS. Although I would hate to lose either Catastrophe Canyon or the Muppets, the allure of CC disappeared when they tore down the back lot and put Lights Motors Action show in. There is also room back there where Hunchback used to be as that building, I believe, is still standing. I am truly ambivalent about Star Wars and if they are going to replace Indiana Jones then I would rather they replace it with the Indiana Jones they have at Disneyland.

10. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I would love to see these changed!!! For us HS really need something more and we are looking forward to it!!:yes:

11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've said it before, there is enough stuff and enough interest to make Star Wars a completely separate park. I wish they would too. That way I can avoid it lol