1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney's Pin Celebration 2009

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Tinker, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

The Museum Of Pin - Tiquites

*Natural History* *Art* *Science & Industry*

Disney Pin Traders from around the world are cordially invited to *celebrate*( theres that word again) the * 10,000 *year history of Disney Pin Trading during Disney's Pin CELEBRATION 2009 .
    The museum of Pin - Tiquites

This 3 day gala GRAND OPENING will be held from Friday June 26th through Sunday June 28th .
    Presented in conjuntion with The Epcot Committee For Celebrating Disney Pins, The Department Of Tradeology, and The Fellowship Of Happy Traders .
    This event will feature unique Disney Pins only created for the museums opening, Disney pin trading activities, a silent and live auction of artifacts direct from the museums vault and so much more .
    Stay Tuned for additional information about this grand opening celebration . Registration will open for this event in February, 2009 on Disney Pins . com .

If you have ever had interest in attending a pin event than this is the one that you should not miss .

I have not even had an opportunity to give you a trip report from this years event that I attended and here I am announcing next years already . Usually the event is in September, the weekend following Labour Day . This year we were told that they had not made a decision regarding the date and to keep checking Diz Pins . Was I ever surprised to look today and find out its my birthday weekend . Happy Birthday To Me ! The first time officially that I will be celebrating my birthday at WDW .

I also want to tell you that when the gates opened for this years event, we were greeted by a huge mouse statue . We later found out that his name is Bobby Pinback . Why , because he looks just like the rubber backing mouse on your pins . He made his debut as a statue and pin this year and next year he will be a stuffed key ring to carry on whatever it is you carry , a stuffed animal and a new Disney Character . So, if in 2009 you are in the parks and see a huge funny looking mouse faced character , you can bet that you have just seen the newest Disney character , Bobby Pinback .

Would you like me to write a full report on this years pin event and display pictures ?
    I only ask because it takes alot of time and if there is interest I will do so .
    I tried copying this info from Diz pins, but it would not allow me to do so . I had to hand write everything and then type it in .
  2. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

This is brilliant Tinker

Any hints on how to start collecting pins? what should I be on the lookout for?
  3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I am working on a thread for Keith now wishonastar that will be posted . Everything will be explained along with my tips and what to look for . Should have it done soon .
  4. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

thanks tinker thats really nice of you :hug2: I will keep an eye out for it
  5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

No Problem ... I feel honoured to have been asked . :D
  6. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

oooo please tell me too when its available tinker :yes:
  7. BevW

BevW Imagineer

Anyone wanna trade? :)
  8. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

9. BevW

BevW Imagineer

I used to have a visual library of all my pins...but I deleted it when I got a new laptop.
    I've got 4 of those pin bags full of pins, 6 lanyards, the 100 years binder full of pins, and a box full of pins. Oh and my Disney jean jacket is crammed full of pins, and Ricks junk drawer is full of pins.
    I was collecting CM pins for the longest time, and then I switched to Cast Lanyard pins. Yes...I'm addicted.