1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Disney's Pin Celebration 2009

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Tinker, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

The Museum Of Pin - Tiquites

*Natural History* *Art* *Science & Industry*

Disney Pin Traders from around the world are cordially invited to *celebrate*( theres that word again) the * 10,000 *year history of Disney Pin Trading during Disney's Pin CELEBRATION 2009 .
    The museum of Pin - Tiquites

This 3 day gala GRAND OPENING will be held from Friday June 26th through Sunday June 28th .
    Presented in conjuntion with The Epcot Committee For Celebrating Disney Pins, The Department Of Tradeology, and The Fellowship Of Happy Traders .
    This event will feature unique Disney Pins only created for the museums opening, Disney pin trading activities, a silent and live auction of artifacts direct from the museums vault and so much more .
    Stay Tuned for additional information about this grand opening celebration . Registration will open for this event in February, 2009 on Disney Pins . com .

If you have ever had interest in attending a pin event than this is the one that you should not miss .

I have not even had an opportunity to give you a trip report from this years event that I attended and here I am announcing next years already . Usually the event is in September, the weekend following Labour Day . This year we were told that they had not made a decision regarding the date and to keep checking Diz Pins . Was I ever surprised to look today and find out its my birthday weekend . Happy Birthday To Me ! The first time officially that I will be celebrating my birthday at WDW .

I also want to tell you that when the gates opened for this years event, we were greeted by a huge mouse statue . We later found out that his name is Bobby Pinback . Why , because he looks just like the rubber backing mouse on your pins . He made his debut as a statue and pin this year and next year he will be a stuffed key ring to carry on whatever it is you carry , a stuffed animal and a new Disney Character . So, if in 2009 you are in the parks and see a huge funny looking mouse faced character , you can bet that you have just seen the newest Disney character , Bobby Pinback .

Would you like me to write a full report on this years pin event and display pictures ?
    I only ask because it takes alot of time and if there is interest I will do so .
    I tried copying this info from Diz pins, but it would not allow me to do so . I had to hand write everything and then type it in .

2. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

This is brilliant Tinker

Any hints on how to start collecting pins? what should I be on the lookout for?

3. Tinker

I am working on a thread for Keith now wishonastar that will be posted . Everything will be explained along with my tips and what to look for . Should have it done soon .

4. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

thanks tinker thats really nice of you :hug2: I will keep an eye out for it

5. Tinker

No Problem ... I feel honoured to have been asked . :D

6. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

oooo please tell me too when its available tinker :yes:

7. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Anyone wanna trade? :)

8. Tinker

9. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I used to have a visual library of all my pins...but I deleted it when I got a new laptop.
    I've got 4 of those pin bags full of pins, 6 lanyards, the 100 years binder full of pins, and a box full of pins. Oh and my Disney jean jacket is crammed full of pins, and Ricks junk drawer is full of pins.
    I was collecting CM pins for the longest time, and then I switched to Cast Lanyard pins. Yes...I'm addicted.