1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney’s Port Orleans -French Quarter Resort- The complete guide

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Britchick, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Disney’s Port Orleans -French Quarter Resort

PO-FQ-9.jpg

POFQ_EST_1_998.jpg

2201 Orleans Drive
    Lake Buena Vista
    Florida 32830-1000

1-407-934-5000

Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades.

Stroll cobblestone walkways and gaze down from balconies with delicate railings as you listen to the smooth jazz backdrop and breathe in the sweet smell of magnolia blossoms in the air. As you pass by the ornate street signs, antique gas lampposts and fountains, you may just feel like you've been transported to The Big Easy.

Disneys-Port-Orleans-French-Quarter_Full_6978.jpg

pofq.jpg

POFrenchQ009.jpg

There are 1008 rooms located in 7, 3 floor buildings. There are 59 king bed rooms, other options include standard view, garden view, pool view or river view.

PortOrleansMap.jpg

Room amenities

Rooms have a New Orleans flavour, decorated in a rich gold, purple and yellow colour scheme. They are approximately 314 square feet.

dcont_POF_room_layout.jpg

Disney_apos_s_Port_Orleans_Resort_French_Quarter_(034).jpg

Two Queen Size beds or one King Size
    flat screen TV
    Table and two chairs
    Bedside table with digital alarm clock/FM radio
    Air conditioning/heating via a stand-alone unit
    Telephone with voice mail and a data socket
    Complimentary wifi
    Wall-mounted safe with key
    Ceiling fan
    Hanging rail for clothing
    Three storage drawers located underneath the TV Luggage Seat
    Small fridge (21"x16", no freezer compartment)
    Bathroom with toilet, bath tub and over-bath shower.
    Separate vanity area with two sinks and mirrors which can be curtained off from the rest of the room
    Hair dryer
    Iron and Ironing Board
    Cuisinart dual-cup ‘pod’ coffee machines, with complimentary coffee pods supplied

Pool and recreation

The Doubloon Lagoon pool at Port Orleans French Quarter is a lively and fun swimming area covering 8,500 square feet with a fabulously themed slide in which you emerge from the sea serpent’s mouth and slide 51ft down its tongue. Dotted around the pool are comical Mardi Gras characters, many of which include water features and sprays. Sun beds are located around the pool area. Mardi Grogs is the pool bar, located next to the pool and behind this is a hot tub.
    Poolside activities are organised daily, weather permitting.
    Official opening hours: 7am until midnight. Lifeguard hours vary by season.

french-quarter-pool-601x408.jpg

Transportation

Port Orleans –French Quarter is a smaller resort and it only takes a few minutes to get anywhere.

There is 1 bus stop providing complimentary transport around the resort and to other Walt Disney World Resort areas.

Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
    ◦ Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
    ◦ Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
    ◦ Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
    Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney: Take the Downtown Disney bus
    ◦ Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take the Typhoon Lagoon bus.
    ◦ Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus

Alternatively take a relaxing boat trip down the Sassagoula river which winds it’s along 2 ½ miles of woods, past the Treehouse villas and Saratoga Springs Resort to Downtown Disney for shopping, dining and entertainment. This takes approximately 20 minutes.

POFQ-Grounds-2010b-1168_large.jpg

Help others by sharing your experiences at the Port Orleans- French Quarter Resort. Have you stayed there? What do you like or dislike? Would you stay there again? Anything at all you would like to share and please feel free to add photos.

2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

This is no help at all, but I am SO excited!!! :mental:

3. Britchick

It's a beautiful resort, I was almost in tears looking at the photos. Can you get us a load of photos please :worship:

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

sigh :( that's made me really miss it. It's really hard for me to relax but it's almost impossible not to relax at POFQ

5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I will!! Hopefully they will even be good ones :D I will practice more before our trip!

6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We're there in a few weeks, do you need anything?

7. Britchick

Any photos and anything you think would be helpful to others. If you could take a photo of all the menus above the food court hatches that would be great thank you

8. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I'll see what I can do. Photos definitely won't be a problem, any excuse to play with my fancy camera ;)