1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney's Space Mountain shut down after woman found unconscious

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, May 21, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

From the Orlando Sentinel....

A woman was transported to a hospital today after she was found unconscious on the Space Mountain ride at Walt Disney World.

The ride remains closed.

Reedy Creek Emergency Services, which handles medical emergencies for Disney's parks, transported the unconscious 48-year-old woman to Dr. Phillips Hospital about 11:30 a.m.

Her current condition is unknown.

"Our thoughts and concerns are with the guest and her family," said Andrea Finger, a Disney spokeswoman. "We have sent a representative to the hospital to assist them with their needs."

After technicians have finished inspecting the ride, it will be reopened to other guests, she said.

2. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

It was still shut down when I rode the Peoplemover late last night. One of my friends texted me when the news broke to make sure I was still at Epcot. It was very hot yesterday, I'll say that much. I'm sure that there was more than one person that went down.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

A bit off topic, but I notice the TTA is now officially the TTA Peoplemover! and the signs are all back to peoplemover! Almost like the old old days