1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Disney's Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios sees the Return of Carbon-Freeze Me

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 11, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

This year, at the Star War's Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the popular “cast yourself in Carbonite” option that was inspired by a scene from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back will return. There will also be a new option on offer featuring the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire, the Stormtroopers.

carbon-freeze-me.jpg

The 10-minute experience uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by Imagineering scientists at Disney Research labs. That captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine. The completed figurine will arrive within 7-8 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally). Guests will also receive either a Carbon-Freeze Me light-up band or a collector button depending upon which option they choose.

carbon-freeze-me-2.jpg

The Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience is $99.95, plus shipping and applicable sales tax.

To book your experience, please call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) to ask about availability.

The experience is only available during Star Wars Weekends 2013, May 17 – 19, May 24 – 26, May 31 – June 2, and June 7 – 9).

2. Figment

Figment Imagineer

:wiggle:Just made a reservation for Jordan to do this on June 8th! Wonder if he'll choose Han or a Stormtrooper?