1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disneyworld busses

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Aug 28, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We plan to make a lot of use of them since we wont have a car. Are they really so slow it can take 30minutes to get to a park? people have told me to leave an hour and a half if I have a dining reservation at another resort as well

2. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Depends where you are staying and which park you are going to..remember WDW is the size of Manchester!!. Also, some resorts have several drop off points e.g CBR has about 5 so depending which section you are staying in ,it can take a while even when you get back to your resort.

The buses run frequently - don't forget there are also monorail and boats

Overall, I think WDW transportation is excellent

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i would certainly leave a long time if i was going to another resort for a reservation. We only use the buses now if we want to go and have a drink in the evening but others love using them. I must confess it does add to the disney experience but i'm usually in a rush to get there or back lol

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

As Debbie said, it really depends on your origination and destination points. On average, the WDW buses run about every 20 minutes--sometimes a bit more frequently.

If you are traveling from resort to resort, you will need to transfer at a park or DTD (strongly recommend a park). Typically, you'll grab the bus, exit at the park and board the next bus. But if you've just missed either of the two buses, you're adding 20 minutes at each location. Plus travel time. Then walking to your final destination from the transportation terminal. You can see where the 1.5 hours recommendation comes into play!

WDW encompasses something around 48 square miles. Never can remember if it's 47 or 48--close enough for our purposes. That's the size of a good-sized city!

Some resorts are located closer to some parks than others. For example, Pop Century is close to both EPCOT & DHS, so the bus trip usually is about 10 to 15 minutes. It's farther from MK, which typically is 20 to 25 minutes, depending on traffic. AK probably is 20 minutes.

And, as Debbie noted, you can combine bus and monorail or boat transportation, when appropriate. Again, you have to factor in time to wait for the next mode of transportation if you've just missed it.

Personally, I find WDW transportation works well. It can be crazybusy at park opening (or so I'm told--I don't usually manage anything that early) and park closing. Just relax in the park for a bit to minimize the wait time at the bus or other WDW transportation queue.

You'll be fine. You're on vacation! :D